#13: Family Cook Out

A few days had passed and the 10 day reunion was coming to an end. It two days we would be on our way home. But today, today was the big finale family cook out. The entire group would be there mingling, talking...being social.

Everything I don't want to do.

Ever since that dinner I had pretty much avoided my aunt, Minah, and her brothers. The ones staying in the house planned out activities with each other and we actually enjoyed ourselves. Jimin and I spent a lot of time on the beach laying in the sun, and the rest of the guys joined us as well as participated in fishing and jet skiing. One day Jin rented a speed boat and we all took turns tubing. Taehyung and Namjoon took turns driving the boat, trying to get the rest of us off. Jin and I were able to stay on the longest, but when Jimin and I went I flipped almost instantly. I never had this much fun at one of these reunions, and I was pretty sure it was because of Jimin.

But I couldn't focus on that right now because I was dreading the cookout. I didn't want to see any of them. Uncle Lee came over to the house for dinner once this week and we talked and planned out for him to come visit dad in a few weeks.

It is so mentally draining to listen to them comment on how different I look. Even if those comments were complimentary it was still draining. As I laid on the bed face down, I didn't even care if I messed up my make-up. I wore the sun dress I packed for this occasion, the red and white polka dots popping and my black strappy sandals cute as ever.

But I just couldn't meander up the strength to actually move from the bed.

I could pretend to be sick.

I could fake a sprained ankle.

I laid there trying to think of any way to get out of this stupid cook out when a sharp slap to my ass made me jerk in surprise. I turned my head and Jimin pulled up the skirt of my dress again, landing another smack, with a serious face.

"You are not getting out of this."

"Ow, Jimin!" I scolded rubbing my ass cheek that was surely red at this point.

"Get up." He said again, pulling my dress down to cover my ass.

"You are not the boss of me." I pouted, shoving my head back into the pillow and curling my arms around it.

I felt him lean into the mattress, and his lips grazed the shell of my ear as he whispered. "Baby, I will drag your plump firm ass kicking and screaming if I need to. But you are going."

"Whyyyyyy?" I whined. I turned my head to see him looking down at me, his face neutral. "I don't want to go."

"No one in this house wants to go, but if anyone has to go its you."

"Why?" I asked again, getting to my knees and glaring at him. "Why do I have to go?"

"Because you walked away from that dinner." He said, his voice soft. "Now you need to show your face, smiling bright and beautiful so that they know they didn't get to you. This is the last time you are going to see a lot of these people and do you want the last memory of them to take away is how upset you were walking out of that dinner, or how amazing you looked coming at the cook out and being happy?"

"I don't like how much sense you are making; it's putting a damper on my temper tantrum." I said, honestly knowing that he was right.

He laughed and then finally took in my attire, raising a flirty eye brow. "You look amazing though."

"You don't think it's too June Cleaver?"

"Not at all." He said standing and holding his hand out. I took it, and he helped me to my feet and spinning me so that he could get a better look. "June cleaver would be wearing a sky-blue dress, wearing a pearl necklace and matching earrings. You my beautiful Noona, are wearing a bright fire engine red dress with large white polkadots and a small choker necklace and an ankle bracelet. No one would confuse you for Mrs. Cleaver."