Chapter 39 A Battle Draws Near

Start from the beginning

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Yozora turned to where he heard the voice. When he did he saw that Rengoku was walking in the same direction as him.

"Rengoku-san?! Why are you here with me?"

"I was assigned to go to Asakusa. There is a demon there who is said to be rampaging in it's outskirts. Therefore i must exterminate it as quickly as possible!"

"Yeah but.......being hyped won't change the distance we have to travel."

"...............................good point."

Soon Yozora and Rengoku travel together to Asakusa. As they did they decided to chat on the way since they haven't seen each other for a while.

"Amazing!!!! So you created a new form for your breath and defeated that man. You have grown so much!!!!"

"No it's not that big a deal, Rengoku-san. If anything i still have a lot to learn. Someone died because of me and i was too naive. I need to get stronger and have more experience if i want to save anyone."

Rengoku looked at the boy for a moment. He's glad to have seen him grown but he felt as if the boy was missing something.

"Yozora, i'm glad you see your own weakness and want to improve. That alone shows you have the potential for great things. However, you must learn to also prioritize your own safety sometime. You can't save anyone if you end up dying."

"I understand. Thank you very much."

"Now then, LET US HURRY TO ASAKUSA!!!"

"I have a feeling i'm gonna be deaf by the time we get there."

~Meanwhile~

"RGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH"

The demon roars as a man is approaching it. He had black hair with dark-purple highlights, wears a bandage covering his forehead and left eye, and is wearing a yukata with a design dependent on the medium.

 He had black hair with dark-purple highlights, wears a bandage covering his forehead and left eye, and is wearing a yukata with a design dependent on the medium

"Hahahah. I can tell you feel his spawn coming closer and you want to devour him. Don't worry, Yaboku may be gone but that doesn't mean he won't suffer. After what he did, we'll make his entire family pay."

The demon growled and nodded its head. It wanted to fight someone strong and eat them. It may have lost some sanity but it knew it wanted to fight and devour the strong.

 It may have lost some sanity but it knew it wanted to fight and devour the strong

The man looks at the city of Asakusa. A marechi is a person with special blood, eating one is equal to eating 50 humans for demons. He was feeding this demon marechi blood to help it gather strength. However, there was one that got away. He needed to find her and feed her to this demon, but something told him he may get more than he bargained for.

"Go ahead and run all you like Nora. After all, letting you go just may benefit me."

~In Asakusa~
A girl is seen running through the streets of the city. She was looking for somewhere safe to hide. As she did she bumped into a boy her age with a demon slayer corps uniform who was accompanied by a pillar.

The girl looked at the boy with interest. She didn't know why, but she felt that he may be someone who could help.

"Excuse me, who are you."

"My name is Yozora."

"Well then Yozora, my name is Nora. Tell me........do you think you can help me."