—2 Hours and 20 Minutes Later—

"Uh...mom...this is Zay's mother, Mavis," I introduced.

"Hello," Ms. Mavis held out her hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you," my mom took her hand into a handshake.

It was after the graduation ceremony where everyone took photos and shit.

"So you guys are really sure about moving together to another state?"

"Yeah, ma I sorta have to..." Zay answered his mother's question.

"You have to but Jaelyn doesn't..." Ms. Mavis looked over at me.

"Uh...she actually does. You forgot we was engaged ma?"

He holds up my hand to show the ring on my finger.

"And plus I made the choice to," I looked at my mom and my future mother in law.

"Ok, just as long as you're happy...I can't really stop you from leaving," my mother said with a smile.

I swooped her in for a hug. "You gonna be fine on your own without me?"

"Yeah, I've always been fine without you. I'm just gonna miss you...that's all," she answered.

"Ima miss you too but don't forget that ima come and visit often," I pulled away from the hug.

"Make sure."

"You sure that you don't wanna move wit us?"

"I'm fine where I am, child," my mom says. "And don't hesitate to come back if things don't go as planned for you."

"Nothing's gonna go wrong, mom."

"You never know."

I sighed. "I'll call you before we leave."

"Make sure. And don't forget to call me when you guys get there."

"Mm-hm," I nodded before looking over at Zay who was giving his mom one last kiss on the cheek.

"You ready to go?" He asked me when he was done.

"Yeah."

With that, we left the campus grounds and went back home to finish packing up our stuff.

-Omniscient-

"Put those in the pod thingy," Jaelyn told Zavon.

"Oh my fuckin go-Jae, we don't have to bring every fuckin thing wit us," Zay told her.

He was panting and tired from going up and down with things to put in the moving pod they rented.

"I know but I need those," she pointed to the two fluffy white chairs that was in their room.

He kissed his teeth and took a seat on the floor. "Aight...juss gimme a second."

She got back to packing up the last of the clothes that was in the drawer into some suitcases.

"You already paid for the house over there?" Jae asked him.

"Yeah...It's a small apartment for us to live in until I get the money for us to get somethin bigger," he answered.

"Oh ok. Whatchu finna do about your car?"