Chapter Six - Hiding it from me

He chuckled at my facial expression with a frightening look in his eyes and his smile slowly turned into a scowl. I looked over Jonathan; I mean Payne’s shoulder and spotted Tyler looking horrified.

‘Whoa, your little boyfriend is getting upset in here.’

‘Wait you can … feel him?’ He smirked at my reaction.

‘Well it’s kind of like a constant fight and whoever is winning gets to be out front.’

‘You mean like he just punched you?’

‘I guess you could say that but it’s more like … mentally.’ I scrunched up my face.

‘Right.’

‘Well I got to say bye now cause Johnny boy is getting rowdy in here, bye Rachelle.’ He put on a charming smile and kissed my hand. ‘Pleasure to meet you.’

My heart was beating quickly until I saw fear pouring over Jonathan’s face.

‘Jonathan?’ He grabbed my wrist.

‘What did he tell you?’

‘Couldn’t you hear?’ He left the question unanswered and I knew he did hear. ‘Jonathan when did this start?’

‘I, I don’t know.’ Was he still fighting Payne?

‘You don’t know? You don’t know that you had a split personality? What a load of sh...’

‘Tyler please! Just …’

‘You are unbelievable!’ He stomped away slamming the door behind him as I sighed.

‘Now Jonathan.’

‘Rachelle, I can’t explain it to you, I need permission, I would but I can’t.’

‘Right.’ I held the door open. ‘It’s late.’ He nodded.

‘Good night and I’m sorry about, you know.’ This time I nodded and he left.

I couldn’t sleep for the next for nights and Jonathan didn’t go to school. Tyler ignored me and there was no contact from my parents. And just when things were getting better with everyone, I sighed. Right now I really agreed with the girl who said I wish everyone could just be happy and make cakes out of rainbows or something like that. I caught myself frowning and remembered my mum telling me about wrinkles. I rubbed my temples and threw myself on my bed, picked up my phone and called Felicity’s number.

‘Hello?’ A clueless voice said.

‘Felicity, DON’T HANG UP!’ There was silence. ‘Okay, please can we talk?’ Still no answer. ‘Well how about I treat you to whatever you want.’ I smiled knowing that she would give in.

‘Fine, meet me at Thai Box at 2:30.’ She hung up.

I quickly pulled on some jeans and a tank top. I then ran to the restaurant with a few minutes spared and a very annoyed sister. Her arms were folded and she was tapping her foot while we waited in line.

‘Why did you want to meet me?’

‘I’ve been having some problems and you’re one of them.’

‘Greaaaaat!’ She rolled her eyes and so did I.

‘Will you let me finish?’ She glared at me. ‘So I wanted to fix the problems, starting with you.’ I smiled innocently.

‘You want to fix me?’ She emphasized the word fix.

‘I never said fix you, but I wanted to fix our relationship.’ She looked a bit interested.