The Line To Kill Lance's Dad Starts Here!(Chapter 13)

~Third Person P.O.V~

"Lance. Lance. Lance!"

His eyes shot open, his breathing erratic and his hair flush against his reddened skin. He was okay, he was safe, nobody could hurt him anymore. Keith wrapped his arms around the boys, whispering soothing sweet nothing's into his ear. 

Lance clung onto Keith's chest, as if he was his life support, rocking back and forth while he tried to match the ebony-haired boy's breathing.

In and out, in and out.

"You're okay Lance, it's gonna be okay- I'm here." Keith cooed, planting a soft kiss on the top of his head.

He didn't know what the nightmares were about, nor did he ask- afraid it might cause some sort of panic to boy he now holds so much affection for. Keith didn't want to pry, or make him upset, he would wait until Lance was ready to tell him.

"Try and go back to sleep Lance," He whispered, running his fingers through Lance's damp hair.

He shook his head, the fear from before clouding his eyes. "I- I can't. Keith please- I can't." Lance pleaded, his voice breaking at the end.

"Okay, okay. Then just try and calm down baby, I'm here, focus on my breathing okay?" Keith instructed, he had gotten good over the past week at calming Lance down.

After a few minutes everything in the hotel room was calm. Lance and Keith were both sitting up, Keith's back resting against the headboard and Lance's back pressed to his chest. Biting his lip Lance peeks up at Keith, his face blank, a normal expression when he's deep in thought.

"Keith,"

"Hm? Everything okay?" Keith asked, rubbing circles on Lance's side.

He nodded, turning over so he was straddling the raven-haired boy. "I have to tell you something..." Lance mumbled, fiddling with the hem of Keith's red shirt.

This perked Keith's full attention, ushering for him to go on.

"My nightmares," Lance began letting out a slow shuddering breath. "They started when I was- I was thirteen. I had just found out I was gay and...I told my dad- back then he was my best friend, I could tell him anything." He lets a bitter laugh escape his lips, hanging his head low in shame. "He acted like everything was okay- until it wasn't...he sent me to a conversion camp for two weeks..." By then the tear had begun to fall, his bottom lip quivering whilst he tried so damn hard to suppress the oncoming sob.

Keith pulled him into a tight hug, he felt as his own tear threatened to spill over.

"The used a whole bunch of 'Treatment' on me. From shock therapy to beatings, eventually I started playing along, so they'd let me out early. My- mama doesn't know, she thinks I was visiting family on my dad's side in Cuba." Lance sobbed, grasping onto Keith for support.

The raven-haired boy was seething with rage, what kind of father would do such a thing to his own son? 

"Baby, I'm so so sorry that happened to you." Keith cooed, burying his face into Lance's hair.

"It's not your fault Keith- if anything it's mine for telling him in the first place." The Cuban boy croaked, his sobs minimizing to soft sniffles.

Keith pulled back, griping the taller boy's shoulders- a firm yet soft look in his eyes. "Don't you dare blame yourself for this. He's your father, Lance, he's supposed to love and accept you for who you are, not try and change you!" Keith said, placing gentle kisses on his cheek and forehead.

Lance let out a soft chuckle, smiling lovingly at the boy before him. "Damn- who would've thought...me and mullet are soulmates!" He laughed, pulling Keith down for a kiss.

Just like the first is was gentle and caring, both boys conveying how much they cared for each other in the kiss. They pulled apart, huffing and panting from lack of air.

"You don't have to go back tomorrow...you can stay at my house. As far as my mom's concerned you're already apart of the family." Keith pants, cupping the of Lance's neck; tracing circles with his thumb.

"I  know but- I have to Keith, it'll raise a few eyebrows if I suddenly decide to just stay with you guys. I don't want my mama and my siblings to find out that way, just give me a few days to tell them about what happened okay?" Lance whispered.

He was already slipping back into unconsciousness, wrapping his arms around Keith's waist and resting his head in the middle of his chest.

------------------------------------

It was the worst day of the week, Monday.

Lance was currently on his way to the cafeteria, despite dreading the what day it was he was more than excited to see Keith. The two had texted over all day yesterday, seeing as though they got back Saturday.

As soon as he stepped foot into the cafeteria his friends came bounding towards him, huge smiles on their faces.

"So, what was it like being stuck in a car with Keith motherfucking Kogane?" Pidge asked, their excitement bubbling up by the minute.

"Yeah what was that like?" Allura second, tilting her head in amusement.

Hunk was too busy eating homemade macaroons to ask anything, but by the nod he gave Lance could tell he wanted to know.

"Well,"

Before he could finish he sentence Keith walked up to him from behind, planting a few kisses on his neck then whispering in his ear, "I'll be back in a few minutes- I'm sitting with you and your friends right?" 

Lance nodded, a blush evident on his face while his friends stared at him wide-eyed.

"I think I speak fro everyone when I say, what the hell just happened?" Hunk asked, nearly choking on his baked goods.

"Yeah, you guys are gonna want to sit down for this shit." Lance snorted, leading them all to their table.

-----------------------------------------

The table was quiet. Keith had gotten back just as Lance was finishing up his story, now all eyes were on him, monitoring his every move. Pidge had a scrutinizing gaze fixated on the black-haired boy, as if they were trying to take him apart and reassemble him like a science experiment. 

Hunk just had a content smile, but his eyes said 'If you hurt my best friend I will shove a handful of my homemade cookies down your esophagus'. Very friendly.

Allura was switching her stare from Lance to Keith, before nodding her head.

"What are they doing?" Keith whispered to Lance, never breaking his look upon Lance's friends.

"Evaluating you." Lance replied, as if it were the most normal-est things on earth.

"Uh huh- I guess I should've been more specific...why are they evaluating me?"

The blue-eyes Cuban just smiles, shaking his head as if to say 'You don't want to know'. This continued on for another five minutes or so, until Pidge finally broke the ice.

"Alright he's good I like him- welcome to club Keith! Touch my tater tots and I'll fucking kill you, have a nice day!" They exclaimed, a smirk on placed on their face.

Allura leaned back in her seat, nearly falling once she realized there was nothing there to support her back; Hunk being the one to catch her. "Now that that's over," She huffs placing a hand over her heart, "Welcome Keith. Treat Lance horribly and I'll be forced to commit homicide!" she warned.

"Since all the welcome's have been passed around...wanna try a macaroon? I made them myself!" Hunk beams.

Hey guys!!

I laughed and cried writing this. It'll only get more angstier from here so get a box of tissues.

I'm sad to say I'm almost finished with this book. It'll be the first book I completed on here so yay!

Until we meet again!!!💙❤