Lance Being A Smug Little Shit Pt.2(Chapter 5)

~Third Person P.O.V~ (Fuck it the rest of this book will probably be in third person.)

Rosa and Krolia cleared heir throats, looking at the small group in concentration. They knew the boys weren't going to like what they were about to propose, but it seemed like the only alternative at this point. 

"Boys," Krolia started, sending a sympathetic smile towards them, "me and Rosa did some talking and- we think it'd be best if you all got along."

There were a few mumbled protests, mainly from Lance, but they continued.

"Marco, Luis seeing as though to both are doing your college courses online until the holidays are over, this will work perfectly. Lance," Rosa turned to gape at her son, "you'll just have to miss a week of school."

"Why? Don't get me wrong- if whatever this is you guys are planning means I don't have to go to school I'm all for it. But why would I be missing school?" Lance posed, knitting his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, me and my family always go on a road trip around Halloween time, and we leave in two days. You three will be coming with us, it'll be a chance for you all to work out your issues." Krolia answered, a confident smile resting on her face.

This caused an uproar of objections, not long after the yelling kicked in. Veronica sat at the other end of the table, quiet as a mouse while watching the entire situation unfold and escalate. She wasn't upset by their proposition, despite what happened between her and Shiro she agreed with the idea. It made no sense to her for them to all hate each other, when they barely even know one another, and since their mothers are working together they all might as well be cordial.

"Alright, settle down boys!" Rosa commanded, promptly quieting the rowdy bunch.

"That's not fair, mom we're adults why do we have to go?" Marco complained, his face vaguely scrunching up.

"Really? From how you both acted I would have assumed you were younger than Lance!" She bit back, folding her arms tightly across her chest.

Seeming to sense the tension in the atmosphere rising Veronica spoke up. "I think it's a good idea." She said, anticipation bubbling up in her chest.

"Ronnie you can't be serious! After what he-"

"I know Lance," She severed in keeping her voice firm and steady, "I- I know. But, what happened between me and Shiro isn't the case here anymore. This is mama's boss, they work together, we're most likely going to be seeing a lot of each other; it would help if you all could at least be civil with one another."

Veronica had a point, everyone knew this. But it doesn't mean they were happy about it, the McClain boys spending a week on the road with the Kogane's. That's just a recipe for trouble.

Before anything could continue, Lance let out a groan of pain, Keith soon following after. The melody was getting louder, droning out any noise and resonating throughout their mind.

"Are you two okay?" Krolia asked, Rosa already getting up to place a hand on Lance's forehead.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine just a-"

"Headache." Keith finished, the two locking eye for a few moments. In said moment, the melody calmed, smoothing out into a clear soft tune.

Then it was gone. 

The two were beyond confused, to say the least, quick looks were exchanged at the table. Krolia and Rosa had their suspicions but kept to themselves, conjuring up a conversation amongst each other on preparations and such.

Some minutes later Mr. McClain came home, as promised a bag of the 'Good apples' were brought.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, see you guys soon!" Rosa called out, closing the front door once the Kogane's pulled off.

Lance was pissed, but at this point, it's a daily routine to see the young Cuban in second-rate mood. Was he happy to be getting time off from school? Yes. Was he ecstatic about the road trip? No.

It's going to take a lot out of him and his brothers not to beat the shit out of Shiro while they're there.

Letting out a vexed groan he starts up the stairs, dragging his feet on the dust compiled carpet below him. So it's been a while since he's vacuumed the stairs- but we won't get into that.

"Where are you going?" His father questioned.

"To my room, where else?" Lance snapped, forcefully slamming the door.

He knew it might have been a tad bit harsh, and maybe a little overdramatic, it's not like it was his dad who brought up the idea of them going on a road trip- but nevertheless, he was still angry.

How could his mother be okay with this? How could Veronica be okay with this? 

Sure, it's not like Veronica was going on the trip with them, but how could she be okay with it in general?

Lance knew the answer to the last question, it was plain and simple as day, and he envied his sister for it. She was forgiving.

No matter how bad someone fucked up, she somehow- somehow managed to find a way to justify their actions. Veronica just had no bad bone in her body, she was way too pure, so yeah Lance envied it, but he also loved that about his sister.

Just to pass the time he decided to pack, having nothing else to do. He packed slow, taking his time in folding his clothes, tucking away his hair products, etc. By the time he finished, it was already around eleven o'clock, but he wasn't tired.

Something about Keith Kogane just didn't sit right with him. Maybe it was the way he talked, or how calm he seemed- completely opposite from his dick-head of a brother.

He didn't know why he felt the way he did, but seeing as though he would be stuck with him for a week, he was determined to find out. By any. Means. Necessary. 

Hey guys!!

I'm like hella excited to right the road trip chapters, I already have some ideas in mind. Buckle up beautiful babes because some fluff and angst is heading your way at high speeds!

Until we meet again!!!❤❤❤