Chapter 7 | Her Insecurities

Start from the beginning

Jake Braverman had been messaging Cleopatra all morning, a feeling of giddiness coming from the pit of his stomach as he looked forward to the day ahead with the girl, His brothers having all but insisted he go the night before when he had brought it up to Ian and Jason. They were more than happy for the boy, knowing he needed the quiet time more than he would ever let on.

Jason Braverman was seated toward the end of the table; his body slouched over the table as his head rested in his breakfast bowl as slight snores escaped from his gaping mouth, having slept very little the night before. Despite having taken medication to help with the nightmares that still persisted in plaguing his nights.

Matter Braverman had been sure to snap a quick photo of the sleeping boy, having not been able to hide his growing amusement at the scene.

Jonathan Braverman who had returned from the office the night before, exhausted due to dealing with all parties involved in the incident yesterday morning, was well rested having had an adequate amount of sleep.

The blissful morning brought a sense of calm to the man, a feeling lost to the man as moments like these became more scarce in his home, he wished the moment could last a life time as he took a sip from his bitter coffee and turned the page of his newspaper.

Ian Braverman returned to his seat, having come from the corner of the room where he had been on a call with his business partner and close friend.

Ian had informed his partner that he would see him in the office, and that they had things to discuss once they had both reached. He wanted to have the Wilson's investigated, He would leave no stone unturned in his search.

He would uncover their secrets.

Jonathan Braverman could not help but smile fondly at his family as he set the newspaper aside "What are your plans for the day?" He asked none in particular, it had been something Marcia would ask the kids, when she passed many things stopped however Jonathan could not bring himself to stop the morning tradition in the absence of his late wife.

Ian looked toward his father "I'll be going to the office today, I have clients I need to reach out to and things to discuss with Law" He responded before taking a bite of his breakfast.

"I'll be digging through social media, hopefully I can find someone who was close with Olivia in this town" Matter answered, the Idea having come to him the night before.

Jonathan tilted his head down ever so slightly, in an approving nod.

"I have..."Jason yawned "... An appointment with Dr Ann this morning" Jason had muttered from within the bowl, far too tired to care.

"And you?"Jonathan directed his question to his second oldest son, Jake Braverman, who had yet to lift his head from his phone.

However it was Ian Braverman who answered their fathers question with a chuckle "Jake has a date today with Cleo" He teased his younger brother who had finally looked up from his phone with a scowl.

"It is not a date" Jake replied gruffly, having already gone through this with the older boy the night before.

"So Daniel will be there?" Ian asked, knowing full well the answer was no. However he enjoyed watching the boy squirm, a faint blush taking over his cheeks.

Jake faltered in his reply "... No, he will not be joining us today"

"So it IS a date" Matt quipped from where he sat, snickering at his older brother's deepening scowl, as he took a mouthful of pancakes into his mouth happily.

He had quite the sweet tooth.

Jonathan Braverman could not stop the slight chuckle that left his mouth, as he watched his sons seemingly silly exchange. He found the moment enjoyable as moments like these were truly rare these past four years, and even more so now that they were all worried for their younger sister.