Some part of Jisung were agitated by witnessing his father's behavior. It sickened him.

"Why do you care so much, huh? Is it because you're trying your damnedest to save your stupid company? You're not actually sincere, are you? Let me tell you, it's different. Unlike your so called past experience, it's a he. You can always sweep those annoying girls away because you don't have feelings for them, but in my case, I can't sweep my love for Minho because our feelings are mutual. You don't understand the concept of love because you don't have feelings."

It was daring to share so much things. But the speech was pure from Jisung's heart, he was sincere.

Jumin had always been the left brain type of person; always so calculative, precise, dependable, and logical. When it comes to making decisions, he's always very careful and not let his emotions affect him. Keeping his emotions well-organized had been very handful as he handled obstacles incredibly well.

Jisung, though, was the definition of the right brain. He loved oreos and cried after watching Toy Story 4. Sorting his emotions had never been easy for him since he's filled with overflowing feelings. When it comes to making decisions, he would preferably use his hunch (the Peter tingle) rather than his big brain. Nobody knows for sure the reason behind their opposite behavioral patterns.

"Would you like another glass of Dalgona coffee or do you wish to change beverage?" The waiter approached the table to take the empty glasses.

"I need a big glass of Oreo Espresso Milkshake." His eyes were glued to the cake section. "Also the Pumpkin Crumb Cake, please."

"Sir, would you like to order something?" Jumin shook his head, thus he stated while making mental notes, "Oreo Espresso Milkshake and Pumpkin Crumb Cake... please do not change tables before your orders are made. Thank you." Then the waiter left.

Once more, it's the two of them alone.

Jumin stayed calm. "In this situation, I think it's best for us to be logical. Whoever spreads the news must be charged for violating personal information." Jumin called his personal driver, Mr. Kim, to the table. "Driver Kim, please tell Assistant Kang to contact Seven immediately. It's an urgent matter."

Seven? Who the fuck is Seven? I only know Sven from Frozen. Wait... why am I suddenly invested in his stupid plan? Ah, forget it. Fuck you, brain! Jisung's mind wandered but acted like he couldn't care less.

Jisung started another conversation. "Do you love Mom?"

The sudden question startled Jumin. "Yes and I thought we've discussed to not discuss about her any longer."

Jisung rolled his eyes rather too uncomplimentary for Jumin's liking. "Impossible. You can't possibly love her if you don't even love me. Mother once told me that 'to love a family is to love every part of it'."

"Jisung, I never said that I don't love you."

"But you never said that you love me or act like you do. Your mind is always profit, profit, and profit. You're a fucking stone and I fucking hate stones because I keep tripping over it."

"Jisung!" Jumin's voice was low and stern. "Please understand that I'm trying my best to protect you. I care about you."

"Why do you suddenly care? It's not like I ask for your help or something," he proclaimed, standing up on his foot to leave. "Tell the waiter to give my orders to Driver Kim. I'm leaving with Mr. Park."

Before Jumin could say anything, Jisung had already left the coffee shop with Mr. Park. Jumin sighed in defeat. His heart shattered upon realizing that his own son refused his help, or basically refused him. Although Jisung had left, his voice kept ringing in Jumin's ears.

"Why do you suddenly care? It's not like I ask for your help or something."

Sighed. "Because I'm not very straight as well."

┉┉

Another morning came by after a couple of mornings and Jisung was finally ready to go to school. His body was fully recovered, hence the Sandy Cheek's costume was no longer needed. It's been a whole week, yet he felt like passing through decades. Another nerve-wrecking morning for Jisung because he knew he would be the subject of gossip. The thought of walking at the school's hallway didn't sound very appealing anymore.

He was disheartened due to the fact that he had to change car every time he left the house to prevent fan chasing sort of event since the news kept getting hotter each day, as if he's being watched, but he's not so sure himself. Maybe it's just his anxiety, maybe it's not. Who knows? Probably the author of his life.

As he stepped his foot inside the school building, he took a deep breath of realization. His body was prepared for what's coming, though his mind wasn't. He pretended like he's nobody famous.

To his surprise, everything went normal. Strangely normal. Not that he's displeased, he was stoked. Not a single person was caught bad-mouthing him, nor giving suspicious look, at least from his line of vision. He walked to class, sit on the very back as usual, greeting his seat mate Felix and his other close friends, and copied Jeongin's homework. His classmates were pretty chill, even the main suspect: Britney bitch was acting awfully normal. In his mind, he knew that bitch was just faking it. Her sheepish grin without context proved his suspicion to be correct—that's based on his solitary intuition.

Little did he know that the peaceful atmosphere was created by none other than Straight Kids. In fact, they purposely arrived before Jisung to make sure that all the students were informed about Jisung's mood drop. They were told to act normal, be completely silent, or Felix would drop kick them all.

All the classes went by perfectly normal. Therefore Jisung also tried his best to act normal. His interactions with his friends were fine as usual, but he couldn't bring himself together when he's faced with Minho. A pang of guilt engraved throughout his body, turning on his guards once again.

What did I do? I ruined this boy's whole career and reputation in the public's eyes. Way to go, boyfriend.

Considering his unsuccessful attempts to maintain eye contact, he stayed calm. However, not a single words were spoken. Feeling ashamed, Jisung could only bring himself to mutter an audible "Sorry" before leaving him speechless. As he walked away with his head down, he could feel all eyes darting towards his direction. All the normal things that the students had done seemed more like a facade to him. It's a mask. In reality, they're all bad-mouthing him. Weakly shifting his legs, he felt awful. His heart shattered. Who knows minor action could cause such a terrible impact on him, or is he just being dramatic? Perhaps so.

The day went by as predicted, though that doesn't mean he was ready for it. He was never ready to be heartbroken. Inside, he knew this particular feeling. It felt familiar, yet so unwanted.

It was rejection. Jisung was rejected by society. Apparently his dreaded nightmare was indeed reality which he couldn't bare facing. At this moment, he was beginning to doubt that love was the right path for him. He began to question whether dragging Minho to his life was a good option. Regret. It may sound pretty simple, but it never was. Everything's now complicated.

┉┉