5

Y/N's POV

I didn't want to but I had to open my eyes when the curtains were thrown open by Jungkook's housekeeper.

"Come downstairs as soon as you can, Missus." She spoke in her country accent. "Mr. Jeon refuses to eat without you."

Getting up slowly, I frowned and stifled a yawn, staring at the lady quizzically.

"He's here? When was he discharged? I had no idea."

Moving around the room, the housekeeper smiled as she quickly made the bed while I rushed to get ready.

"It was all very sudden, Missus. Mr. Jeon has gotten better but his wounds haven't yet healed completely." She spoke quietly as she helped me with my hair, quickly tying it up in a somewhat presentable braid.

My expression fell. He hadn't healed completely? Why had he been discharged so soon then?

After he'd taken the bullet shots for me, we'd both been kept in the ICU but I'd been discharged after one night while he had spent almost a week there, slowly healing and recovering from the injuries that could even have proved fatal for him.

In the meantime, I'd spent my days cooped up in his room while hoping for his quick recovery.

"Well, Mr. Jeon said he absolutely didn't want to spend another day holed up inside that dreary hospital room."

I nodded thoughtfully, pretending I didn't catch her staring at my clothes disapprovingly.

Self-conscious, I straightened the black oversized hoodie I'd taken the liberty to borrow from Jungkook's closet and hurriedly dabbed on some light lip stain.

I didn't want to appear in front of him looking like I had made no effort to look good for him, but I also didn't want him to think that I had deliberately gotten ready to welcome him.

"That actually makes a lot of sense, Ahjumma," I smiled before running downstairs.

Just in time to see Jungkook entering the living area, I practically skipped down the stairs and smiled when I saw him grin up at me.

"Your smile," He pretended to groan and held his heart, grinning widely as I tiptoed up to him slowly and embraced him gently.

"-damn, it lights up the whole fucking room."

Looking up at his bright expression, I bit my lip. He looked so genuinely happy to see me that it was as if all of a sudden his world revolved around me.

"I heard you ran away from the hospital," I quipped silently, slowly trying to pull away from the hug but Jungkook hummed in refusal as he held me close and rested his head in the crook of my shoulder instead.

"You heard right," He chuckled softly. "I couldn't wait to come home and make lov-"

"Shhh," Eyes widening, I cut him off with a smack to his back. "I swear, Jungkook, don't you dare to speak so thoughtlessly. We aren't alone."

"This is so comfortable." He hummed comfortably, ignoring my protests and snuggling in even closer as if he was trying to breathe me in and hold me captive in his arms forever.

My cheeks reddened and legs trembled as I felt his hand slide over my back, lightly caressing the nape of my neck as he pressed a soft kiss to my fluttering vein. "You feel amazing."

I heard a staff member giggle and blushed even more furiously, unable to speak as I sputtered and fumbled over my words, trying hard to recollect what I had wanted to ask Jungkook.