Informational RP Opportunities

You arrive at the primary building, still under construction. Huge plastic wraps hang down in front of unfinished areas. They are prepping a large skeleton to hang on the ceiling but it's still on the floor in large pieces.

The basic tour begins: Here, the players should learn some trivia about the velociraptors that will be important later: this is BEFORE they've moved them into the smaller pen enclosed by the huge cement walls and electric gates (as seen in the film). This is when they still kept them in a wide field with tall fences, as mentioned by Muldoon in his dialogue to Alan Grant. The velociraptors are younger and there are more of them right now, before the biggest female kills some and lets the other two others live.

"You won't be driving by the velociraptor pen," they tell you. "It's not quite.... Ready for tourists."

A high perception roll might tell the player they aren't being truthful. It's "ready" for tourists, but it's not safe for anyone, period. Maybe the talkative NPC worker Lee says recent accidents have made them consider to leave velociraptors off the tour entirely, and Muldon insisted on having the construction of the "bunker enclosure" complete before the park opening "just in case".

If they ask, it would be noteworthy to indicate a "unauthorized breeding program" or something to that effect. "If we find any of the animals have accidentally been given the extra chromosome and procreated, we have to remove the evidence from the showroom floor and separate them into different pens. It's annoying and very expensive. We can't afford the results of unwarranted repopulation built on the jurassic scale. So we absolutely try to stop the creation of both sexes in the lab."

Side note for plot thoughts: In the film, Dr. Henry Wong says that all the animals are female. But maybe things didn't always start that way because they were learning from some terrible mistake? Part of this adventure is the idea that ALL mistakes lead to how the park is run in the film.

If someone asks, "Are all the dinosaurs female?" because they're meta-gaming a bit, you can simply give them a curious look and say something like; "Our current female dinosaur births are at 96.2 percent. Some science is, of course, trial and error. When we open, we will be at 100 percent."