Chapter Fifty-Five

Start from the beginning

I smile sadly, "I'm not worried about that."

He looked at me for a second before answering, "Are you worried about me?"

Forgetting where we were, I bring my hand up to cup his jaw, thumb petting next to his ear, "I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

"I promise you I won't." He assures me, even though we are both aware he can't possibly make that promise.

I exhale a long breath, looking down at our hands, "I hate this."

"I know, angel, but we'll get through this. We always do." He says softly, playing with the ring on my finger.

"I love you." I tell him, peering back up at him.

I watch as a small smile graces his face, "I love you, Emma. Can I get a kiss?"

I breathe out a laugh, but nod anyways, pulling him in to take his bottom lip in-between mine. I don't deepen our embrace, knowing we have an audience, so reluctantly I pull away. Bringing my thumb up to his lips, I wipe away my gloss. He kisses at my thumb, making me giggle and push him away.

And just like that he made everything go away. I didn't think of Jake the rest of the night. That uncomfortable feeling I had for most of the day had disappeared. I wasn't going to let Jake ruin Harry's birthday. He was twenty-nine, and I was determined to give him the best year yet.

When we were finally on our way home, I kept thinking of the present I was giving him tonight. I knew when I saw it at that lingerie store months ago that I needed to buy it for Harry. I couldn't wait to see his reaction to it, and it struck me then how I wasn't nervous in the slightest.

The last time I dressed up for him I had been a nervous wreck most of the day until I put it on my body. And even when I put it on the second time for Harry to take pictures, it still took a moment to get comfortable.

But now I was itching to put it on. I wanted Harry's reaction like I was starved for it. I wanted his hands to paw at me, and more than anything I wanted him to take me like he was desperate for me. So when we got home, I told him to wait downstairs until I called him up.

"What are you planning?" He asks me with a smirk.

"I've got to get your present ready." I tell him, wrapping my arms around his waist and peering up at him.

"Can I at least get a hint?" Harry pouts, blinking his green eyes at me.

I laugh, "You'll see in about five minutes... maybe ten."

"Ten minutes?!"

"There's a lot of parts!" I playfully push him away, sneaking in a quick kiss by fisting at his collar, and walk backwards, "Just depends on how long it takes to put it on."

I see his eyes darken, and I give him the most devilish smirk I could muster before running upstairs and heading to our bedroom. I got the sealed bag that I kept hidden from him in the closet, thankful that I had hid it at my house too so it wasn't destroyed along with most of my clothes. The lingerie itself was easy enough to put on, but the wings were a little tricky. The straps needed to go on a certain way to ensure it wasn't crooked or slipping off, and it was a little difficult to maneuver around myself.

Finally, I heard it click into place, and took one final look.

I grinned as I saw it in the body length mirror near the tub. I decided against heels, thinking I looked more innocent without them. I had on thigh high white stockings with lace bands wrapping around the middle of my thigh. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily they stayed up without a garter. My panties were a simple lace booty short adorned in intricate lace, a small bow on the front. My bra was a babydoll style, breasts held up by a firm band, causing my cleavage to look insane. While it was sturdy at the bottom, the cups themselves were see-through lace with bands running up and down almost like makeshift pinstripes. So you could see my already hard nipple, except the actual bud, a thin stripe running down the middle. It was an alluring tease, one I knew Harry would drool over. Hanging over the lower half of my torso under the bra was a thin layer of the same delicate lace as my panties. It hung on my body loosely, making me look extra innocent.