Chapter Thirty-Seven

HARRY

"Harry!" She squeals behind me, arms tightening around my waist as I speed the snowmobile up.

We had been able to rent a snowmobile to travel around a some pathways on a small mountain. It was bit of a drive, but both of us were really wanting to try it. I felt safer if we were together, so I suggested we just rented one - the bonus being that she was going to hold onto me the entire time.

I loved the way she felt pressed against my back, bundled up in a snow jacket and thermal leggings under a pair of jeans. Her hair was put up into a ballerina bun, and her ears were covered by the cutest earmuffs I've ever seen.

She was like a dream, last night ravaging my body three times after our first. We couldn't get enough of each other. Somehow we had held off on anything sexual for two full nights and days, the third night being the final straw. It had been nearly a week since we had been able to feel each other like that. It was the longest we had gone, not counting the two weeks in-between our first and second time sleeping together.

I had almost forgotten how soft her skin was, how easily she responded to my touch, that look in her eyes when she was just about to cum. I don't think I would be able to live without her at this point. She might be strong enough to survive another heartbreak, but I had never been through one.

Yes, it hurt to end things with Carla, but that was on my terms. I hurt because I was hurting her, not because I was losing her. With Emma it was completely different. Hell, I couldn't breathe without her, that's how important and crucial she was to me at this point.

The one thing holding me back from telling her how deep this was for me was her hesitation. She had been through a lot in the last year from being in an emotionally abusive relationship, to having her heart broken, to being led on, and then to have that same boy harass her for months. She had also showed that she could survive that intense heartbreak.

But I was a weak man.

I knew I would free fall into an ocean and drown without her presence and guidance. Truly, she had no idea what she has done for me. Especially this trip. For the first time since before university, I had felt the pressure lifted off my chest. There was no looming threat of anxiety.

I'm sure once I go back to work, or really when I go to my parents place - away from Emma - I'll feel that again, but it's a goddamn miracle that I wasn't feeling it right now. I was honestly dreading the holiday week without her. Sure I wanted to spend time with my family, because I loved them, but that meant a full eight and a half days without her. That would be the longest we had not seen each other since... well, since she started going to the gym.

I had thought about heading up to my parents late this year, maybe even driving up the night before Christmas Eve, but Emma was leaving Tuesday to drive up to her mom. Lu had wanted to drive up Monday morning, but Emma and I wouldn't be in town until mid-afternoon, so I was going immediately back home to pack more, and pick my sister up. I wouldn't even get to spend that night with my angel.

I wondered if she was feeling the same, dreading the time apart. Hopefully, she wasn't excited about it considering we had spent the last four days together and still had another night to go. I hoped it wasn't too much for her, but she had responded well to all our time together, not wanting a second of alone time. She made sure we showered together, and made a nice cozy bath for us this morning after breakfast. She was also touching me a lot more than usual. Initiating hand holding, resting her hand on my chest or arm as we talked. She kissed me a lot more too.

Maybe it was because we were out in the open without the prying eyes of our friends or family. We were able to be a couple here with absolutely no pressure.