Chapter Fifteen

HARRY

It was hard to not look at her.

It was hard not to speak to her.

My hands were itching, desperate to touch her.

Today had felt like a whirlwind. I had begun it in bliss, waking up with Emma's lips pecking up and down my chest. Her hands groped and caressed my naked body, and I moaned out in ecstasy as she took her time playing with my nipple. All four of them. She teased and nipped, and I had never had anyone pay attention to them like she did.

I learned that I absolutely loved having her play with my nipples, so much that I flipped her over, stood from the bed, and tossed her over my shoulder to fuck her in the shower. It was just like our first time, her clinging to my body like a koala, and me not lasting near long enough. I was lucky the angle was so good, or I was convinced that I would've nutted off too soon for her to get off.

Then after we said goodbye, not happy that I wouldn't see her until Saturday night, I saw her in my favorite little coffee shop, working up a storm with papers scattered all across the table in front of her. My heart clenched as I saw she was still in my sweatshirt, and I couldn't stop myself from talking to her.

But then Mike had to see us.

I knew what he was trying to do. Even though I had told him I was taking some me time, he was trying to set us up. And I wasn't even that mad. Of course I wanted to spend more time with Emma, especially when she was looking so cute in my hoodie and no makeup, but I could see how uncomfortable the idea of meeting my friends made her.

So I hid the hope in my eyes, but the more Mike insisted the more I knew it was a losing battle. For her. Mike roped everyone into everything. He was just that charming.

I didn't like seeing how nervous and unsure of herself she was around everyone. I didn't like seeing her sink into the booth and fidget with her hands. I knew she was probably tapping her knee like crazy, a tick I've noticed about her when she gets too in her head.

I kept the conversation off her in hopes that she would relax and see that my friends were nice and easy to get along with. She started to relax as she talked to Luanne, completely immersed in my sisters job, and I also saw how much it meant to Lu to hear such good praise about her work.

The genuine smile on her face made me relax as well. I let her settle in more, talking to Naomi quietly. Naomi was the perfect person to sit next to. She was very motherly in the sense that she liked people to feel comfortable and she liked to listen. But then Maura and her big mouth made Emma the center of attention. I love her to death, but I had never wanted to punt someone across the room more in that moment.

And then I felt angry. I couldn't believe that anyone would say that Emma wasn't everyone's cup of tea. She was the most innocent and kind woman I've ever met. Just because she was quiet in big groups doesn't mean she was unlikable or a snob. And what type of friend would say that they thought she was one all because she didn't talk much. Sure, I would definitely tease Oliver or Mike about what my first impression of them was, but they weren't Emma.

Emma was sensitive and a little self-conscious. Never in a million years would I say anything like that to her, knowing she would take it so personally, and I've only really known her for two weeks.

I hoped Emma was okay with all this. I hope she knew Maura didn't mean to air out her private conversation with Naomi. I hope she wasn't overthinking this, and would accept them as her friends. It was obvious she needed better people around her. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard her talk about anyone other than that neighbor she makes dinner every Sunday night for. I guess I've also seen her with Maggie a few times at the gym, but Maggie's constantly traveling and is so busy with the gym that she probably didn't see Emma all that often.