The Ring and Jaunedice

Y/n p.o.v
I was washing my hand in the bathroom as I heard Ruby say that she was leaving and I answered back with a good night. But as I began to wipe my hands with a towel I heard something fall and Ruby yelling in pain. I quickly run out of the bathroom and see Ruby on the ground holding her head. And on her right hand was the Ring Of Lucii and I instantly remembered what were to happen if the user wasn't the king. I then ran to her and pulled the ring off her finger and placed her head in my hands and ask her if she's okay. And as her eyes slowly open she looks at me and sits up and says she's okay and then we both stand up. She then looked at the ring in my hand and asked me what it was her eyes were looking at me seriously unlike how she usually looks at me with happiness. I look at her right in the eyes and I knew I couldn't lie to her about it not being dangerous and so I decided to tell her.

Y/n:Ruby this is the Ring Of Lucii. It was a ring the kings of Lucius wore while they were alive.

Ruby:why did it hurt when I put it on. It felt like my aura was disappearing and made my body feel so heavy.

Y/n:this ring wasn't made to be worn by anybody other than the king of Lucius. If anyone other than them were to put it on it would harm the user severely if they had it on for a long time and tried to use its power.

Ruby:then why do you have it y/n don't you see how dangerous it is. If you were to put that on it would harm or probably kill you. You weren't thinking of using were you.

I was about to lie to her but I stopped as I knew it wouldn't work Ruby was too smart for that. She would question me on why I even have it and why I know so much about it. So I decided to tell her half of the truth.

Y/n:yes I have been thinking of using Ruby.

Ruby:why y/n, why would you wear a ring that could kill you.

Y/n:I need it's power Ruby.

Ruby:and why exactly do you need that power y/n.

Y/n:I need it because there is someone I want to kill no matter what.

Ruby:why do you want to kill this person so much.

Y/n:I want to beat them Ruby because they killed my mom Ruby.

After hearing that Ruby was silent and her face seemed to show that she was remembering a certain memory she wasn't too fond of. The seriousness in her eyes dissolved and her eyes now showed a hint of understanding and sadness. She then sits on the bed and says to me.

Ruby:y/n after hearing your reason for having that ring I kind of understand you now. But you can't just waste your life gaining power to kill that person especially if the power will kill you.

Y/n:Ruby how can you understand me when you still have a mom.

Ruby:that's where your wrong I don't have a mom anymore.

I stood there silent and regretting what I said. Ruby's eyes began to slowly water and tears began to fall. I looked at her and said.

Y/n:I'm sorry Ruby I didn't know.

Ruby:it's okay y/n you truly didn't know. Anyways I truly am in the same boat as you y/n my mom died when I was four years old. And I still don't know who killed her but I do know that if I did find her killer I wouldn't kill that person. I would bring them to justice because I know my mom wouldn't want me to be a killer. And I know your mom wouldn't want to see you as a killer y/n.

Y/n:your right Ruby she wouldn't want to see me as a killer but you can't stop me from using that ring Ruby.

Ruby:I know I can't so I'm just going to have to change your mind. And I won't force you to change it I'll convince you all by myself without Yang, Blake, and Weiss' help and you better believe it.