"I want to tell him, I do but lately, things have been complicated between us. He's acting strange and until I figure out why I'll keep this to my—"

"Dawn?" Someone called from behind the bathroom door. "Boss is asking for you."

I turned to Becky and simply sighed because that was all I could do.

David's Pov

"Thank you so much for visiting today, I haven't seen Alexander talk this much in days," Stella stated while walking me down to the parking lot.

After the successful play date that went better than I could ever have anticipated, I let out a massive sigh of relief.

It was a positive tick off the list and the next was to set out a time to break this news to my stepmother.

"I'm sure he's going to be sad when he wakes and finds out you're gone," She added with a soft chuckle as we reached the car Tanner had left behind for me.

"I'll make sure to come by often," I assured. "My wife will be worried if I don't return soon."

"I understand."

"If anything comes up just give me a call and I'll be here, okay?"  I added, unlocking the doors.

She nodded. "I can't thank you enough, David."

"Don't mention it." I smiled and opened the driver's seat, prepared to enter when she reached for my shoulder to stop me.

"Wait a minute." She pulled out a pink book from her satchel that I recognized immediately. "I think you should have this. It belonged to Stacey."

The warm feeling inside of me was quickly replaced with anguish. "I can't." I declined politely.

"I only read through a few pages and didn't dare to read on because it had private things about both of you. I'm sure she would've wanted you to have it." She persisted, stretching it forward for me to take.

"This is too much, Stella. I don't think I deserve it."

"I think you do." She smiled. "Think of it as your item of closure. It'll be able to let you feel less guilt and maybe finally let go."

"Stella, it's—"

"Please, David."

I glanced at the book and shifted my gaze back to her. The look in her eyes made me instantly relent.

Releasing a sigh, I accepted the journal. "Thank you. I'll keep it safe."

Dawn's Pov

Earlier today, I'd made it a mental note to visit my mother but after working hours were over, I was dragging, too tired to do anything but drive home.

A part of me wondered if David was back. I couldn't help this longing that welled up from deep inside. I didn't know if it was the hormones or just me insanely missing my husband but I just wanted to be with him so bad.

Half an hour more of driving and I was swiveling my car into the driveway way.

The garage lights were on. It meant he was back.

When I entered the living room, he was sitting on the couch and reading a book that he suddenly tucked aside when he saw me.

"You're home." He got up and strolled my way, shirtless as always, smelling nice as always, looking so damn hard to resist as always. "I've missed you, my love." He told me, smiling as though he hadn't treated me like absolute shit earlier.

"That makes one of us." I dissed and sort to walk toward the stairs but he got in front of me.

"What's wrong?"