Chapter 4~ I Did Not See That Coming

[A/N: I have to apologize for the very long wait... Again. But now I'm here bruddas! Here's your update ❤]

A S T R I D
I just can't believe it. I'm going to Sophomore Year the same school Hiccup's in.

"You done packing, sizza?" Ruff called out.

"Still have to fill in my chips!" I replied back.

I stuffed in my school things, my phone and other more gadgets, and other more jiffy.

I dropped my notebook when suddenly I saw a piece of metal coming out in one of the stuff.

Alarmed, I scrambled down, picking up the piece of silver. I narrowed my eyes, only familiarized with the object in my palm.

The locket...

The memories started kicking inside of me.

The way Hiccup's arms put the locket on my neck...

The way his soft skin brushed against mine...

The way he hugged me and kissed me when I feel all upset...

The Hiccup I knew before...

And I knew that I was the one to be blamed in his accident.

My tears started forming in my eyes slowly. The same time Ruffnut barged in.

"Trid, I packed the chips for-!!" She cut herself off. "...Astrid?"

"Oh... Uh, I'm fine. C'mon let's get a cab before our flight leaves us." I let out a fake laugh.

Ruff seemed to notice it, she examined my face for awhile before finally giving up and shrugged it off.

[Line Break]

"Thanks Mom... Dad," I paused. I started to tear up, but managed to stop the tears. "I-I'm gonna miss you. Love you dad." I hugged him, my voice cracked.

He responded to the embrace. "I know, Gertrid. I'm gonna miss you too." I looked up to see him sniffing.

I gave my mom one last -and tight- hug as she handed me a notebook.

"What-" I started. "You'll find out soon." She cut me off.

After a few emote moments and death hugs, we managed to finally catch to our flight.

-----

[Skipping to end of flight]

I finally heard the flight attendant calling out that we were already at our destination.

The whole ride was very uncomfortable. Not because of the 'dizzy business' and vomit stuff, but that I was sitting next to this smelly guy who barfed every two minutes.

After the attendant spoke, I reached for my bags and instantly raced to the plane exit when it's time to go -- much to my delight getting away from the dude.

I can hear heavy breaths behind me.

"ASTRID FREAKING HOFFERSON!! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT FOR ME?!" She yelled like she saw Snotlout winking at her.

First, yes she called me 'Hofferson', I told her myself to call me that. Second, SHE'S FURIOUS!! Third, HER FACE IS HORRENDOUS. Wait, that reminded me of Hiccup, but oh well.

I didn't look up to her, I knew her face would be terrifying. But I can imagine herself as: ㄟ(≧◇≦)ㄏ

"GEEZ! Sorry, sorry, Rough Girl. I had to get away from geeky pants at the plane." I winced.

Her expression softened. "Oh." She simply stated.

We took a cab to Goldcoast only to see someone surprising.

"Trisha Millane?" Ruffnut asked to the air.

"What are you brats doing here?" She hissed.

"Oh. I'm visiting my boyfriend. Why?" I mocked.

Trisha sneered at me, but then showed me an evil smirk. "The same Sasstrid, I see. But I have a surprise for you at Sophomore Year."

I laughed sarcastically. "I don't even go to the same school with you, bit--"

"Language." Ruffnut narrowed her eyes at me.

"Bi -- tter lady." I cleared my throat.

Trisha glared at me. "Oh I am, Hofferson. I am going to Sophomore with you."

Those were her words before turning away dramatically.

"Psh." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Psh." Ruffnut mimicked.

-----

We got to the entrance of the new school.

"Wow." I breathed out.

We went in, and I suddenly got the feeling to be comfortable. Unlike what I felt at Greendale... You know, the glares when you first entered the school. Yeouwch. But here? You feel like a normal being.

Like all the other new students do, Ruff and I headed to the Principal's Office.

We were given our locker numbers and our scheds. I had three same schedules with Ruffnut, and the rest were separate with her.

Too bad though. Ruff had Locker 155 while I had Locker 143.

Coincidence that "143" actually meant 'I love you', huh?

I opened my locker and stuffed in my school things. I'm just gonna put the other stuff at the dorm.

I closed the locker... The next sight made my jaw drop down in shock.

I whimpered.

Hiccup... was sucking face with Trisha.

••●●>>Author's Note<<●●••

*TheCoolestAstrid is currently waiting for tomatoes to be thrown at her face*

I am super sorry the update was late!! I made it long enough. Wait, is it long? Lawl (trying to hide in bushes for the rants about the cliffhanger)

Sooo. I got obsessed with reading Percy Jackson. Ish.

I was reading The Titan's Curse when my conscience suddenly reminded me about updating. Haha! Give applause to Mr. Conscience. Merci.

And thanks guys for the 20+K reads and 1K votes for HIH: MFY! And already a thousand views over HIH: YSL!

I also wanted to appreciate for the almost 500 followers! Love you so much peeps. ツ♬

I got inspiration, lawl. But hey, who are Percabeth fans here? :D

~TheCoolestAstrid, lover of Percy Jackson and Nico di Angelo ;)