Egg-cellent Predicament

Start from the beginning

It became clear he wasn't going to convince his mother to let him fly off and pursue Sonic, so he had to think of something fast. He knew he could help, but his mother thought otherwise. "I am so gonna be grounded for this." Tails then sighed, as the turned the corner of the courthouse.

"For wha— MILES!" His mom began to scream, but was cut off as Tails yanked his arm away, and immediately lifted off into the sky with his dual spinning tails.

"I'm sorry mom! But I know I can help!" Tails yelled down at her, as he turned around, and began his hunt for the daring blue hedgehog. "Miles! MILES PROWER!" He could hear his mom screaming for him, knowing well he'd be in deep trouble when he returned home.
___________________________

Elias, Sonic and Sally looked high into the air with wide eyes.

They knew he would be back sooner or later after Sonic's latest victory over him nearly three months ago, but not on their most vulnerable night of all nights. Nearly every citizen of New Mobotropolis was our to enjoy the festive evening, which was now instantly ruined.

"Sire, we need to go, now!" The guard calmly grabbed Elias' shoulder, causing him to turn around and look at him. He stared at him for a moment before looking to Sonic.

"Find Nicole, and meet me at the Castle Acorn gate! We need to get our defenses up and running!" Elias informed the blue hero, before running off with his royal guards. "Got it!" Sonic yelled back, watching his body guards storm him to the castle. As soon as the turned out of sight, Sonic looked back up to the gargantuan object in the sky.

He clenched his fist in anger, letting out a small sound of frustration leave his mouth. But, then he looked back down to his princess. To Sally. He saw the annoyed but understanding look on her face. But it was from looking at Eggman's newest creation, it was from looking at him.

He didn't know what to say. He know as well as she did that they just wanted this to be the perfect date night. On one of the rarest occasions of them all. It was another factor in why he was so angry, because he didn't get to enjoy he night with her.

"Duty calls." He briefly spoke, with a half-assed grin. She just continued to stare at him, well aware he had to leave for the evening.

"You know I can help, Blue." She tried to protest, though she knew she was going to get nowhere with it. "Sal, you may still be a Freedom Fighter, but you're also the princess. First priority is for you to be safe." Sonic softly grabbed her hand and looked her in the sad eyes.

"Just don't do anything stupid. After all, you still owe me another date night." She slightly grinned back, trying to make the most of the situation. He smiled back at her, and released her hand. "No promises." He cracked, before finally pecking her on the cheek, and storming off with his super speed. Her hair blowed around her face, as the wind of his feet blew straight passed her.

"Be careful, Blue." She said, before running back to the castle with the last couple guards left to protect her.
__________________________

He was gonna do it this time. He just knew it. He was finally going to use his latest creation to strike fear into the hearts of the citizens of New Mobotropolis. He himself didn't know Max had been in a coma for sometime now, but he did know that put him in a very good place. After all, he knew Elias couldn't even compare to the power his father had.

However this machine wasn't like the rest he had built. For too long he had been pushing back and forth with the Freedom Fighters, but not anymore. This time, he knew he had to set an example of his wrath. He knew it was time to finally make sure no one would resist his Egg Empire over Mobius.