Behold, a Pale Horse

"What is the meaning of this malarkey!" Naugus yelled with the veins protruding from his forehead. His flying cloud had touched down at the front of the blown open gates before the dust had settled, leaving him to waft away at the air with his claw. After his obscure view became clear, he finally realized just what had drawn the entire might of his entire military—the Princess Sally Acorn. And joining her side was the annoying quickster himself, Sonic the Hedgehog.

"So it's you... the Princess." Naugus growled. Amadeus had finished his journey down the castle steps, running to the walls and joining Naugus' side with his sword in hand.

"The Acorn Kingdom and its people will no longer tolerate your tyranny, Naugus! You're nothing but a bully—compensating by ruling with fear and terrorizing the people of this great nation!" Sally instantly sounded off against the evil ruler. "Your reign is over, your highness." She said sarcastically.

"Oh, how cute," The wizard mocked her. "The dethroned princess thinks she can march up to my doorstep and protest for my removal." He laughed, globs of spit flying off of his sharp teeth.
"You're brave.. but foolish. Do you actually believe you can stop the Iron Queen?" He said.
"We did it once, we'll do it again." Sally spoke, determined to succeed.

"Look around you, Princess! You have no Freedom Fighters. No royal army. No king." He grinned, well knowing he was getting under her skin. "Do tell me, how is your brother doing these days?" He said. Sally fought hard at the internal rage he was desperately trying to unearth. But as the people's leader, she couldn't afford to lose her cool. Not now.

"How have you not seen it yet? I've won! Soon the Iron Dominion will spread far beyond this land! And I, Ixis Naugus, will—"

While in the middle of his cartoonishly evil monologue, he was stopped cold. A mere pebble had hit him in the forehead, killing his thoughts in motion.
"What the—hey! Who threw that! I was in the middle of my gloating!" He whined, slamming the end of his staff on the stone beneath him. Shortly after his tantrum began, the young fox could be seen hovering down to join his best friend, along with the princess who helped raise him.
"Heya buddy! Nice shot, by the way." Sonic smirked and patted the fox on the back with pride.

"You dare attack me, child!" The wizard felt insulted, struck by someone as small as Miles.
"This is your last chance, Naugus." Sally spoke, taking the attention away from her self proclaimed nephew. "Since I'm sure you're just begging to go back to that crystallized prison." She couldn't help but smirk.

The thought of going back into suspended animation infuriated the beast of a man. He realized she had to be stalling; purposely prodding at him to divert his attention. He knew better than to fall for her interlace like he did years prior.
"Enforcer!" He screamed, turning towards Amadeus. "I order you to execute her! Execute the dethroned Princess Sally at once!" His blood boiled from the frustration of the situation. By pure instinct, Amadeus took a step forward with his long blade in hand. But as he took that step, his eye met a pair that closely resembles his own. The eyes of his only child.

The face of the young fox was indescribable. The internal suffering he had felt for days had been perfectly showcased from his son's gaze. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but he'd never questioned his duties in the entirety of his career.

"Amadeus... please.." Sally softly spoke, able to read the face of the man she'd known since her youth. His extended arm shook as his one good eye left Tails to gaze at Sally. The blade had been pointed directly at her throat, he could end her that very second if he wished it so.

"What are you waiting for, fox! Do it! Do it NOW!" Naugus screamed from behind. Again, the man only shook with uncertainty. Hundreds of eyes were on him. The Royal army—a military he'd been in charge of for years, the Iron Dominion, the people of the kingdom and even Geoffrey, the skunk he'd worked alongside for as long as he could remember. But none of them had the pressure on him that Miles did. He felt he'd let his son down only few times in his life, but none like this.