Chapter 11

It's been weeks since Rodrick and I parted ways. I will admit, it's gotten lonely over the course of the days, however my pride is too high to break the ice between us. He fucked up, he's in the wrong. He needs to fix it, not me.

Yeah, I get it. That's a toxic mindset, however, truth hurts. Sometimes people just need the cold hard truth to come to realization with themselves. To be honest, I don't even know if I want to repair our friendship. This altercation opened my eyes. If he does it once, he's going to do it again. I don't want to become some sort of stepping stone that he uses for his own benefit.

As I battled with my thoughts, I managed to somehow draw a mediocre drawing on some scratch paper that I had laying around.

"Hmph." I sighed while crumbling the art and tossing it in the trash can.

The wind was causing the tree branches to scratch eerily on the glass of the window. A faint glow emerged from the streets, illuminating the neighborhood. The vibe of the night creeped up on me and frankly, it wasn't a good vibe. The clock read midnight, yet I didn't plan on sleeping anytime soon.

I grabbed my laptop as I snuggled into bed to watch some Shane Dawson and then hopefully nod off, but the night had other plans. A faint tapping noise coming from the window definitely startled me, but it was just the wind... right?

Nah, I've seen enough horror movies to belittle that shit. A faint tapping noise is going to morph into a blood thirsty serial killer, I'm not dumb. See, I could get up to investigate the noise... but that's what dumb people in movies do too. Let's see.. What would a smart person do in this situation? Oh yes, not get up to check it out. In this scenario, a wise individual would go to sleep. That's exactly what I did.

Morning came quicker than I expected and yes, I was still alive. I survived the horror of the night without a scratch. After combing what you'd call hair and putting on an outfit, I decided I'd head out alone for lunch. I needed the me time anyways.

See, I could've stolen my mom's car and never spoke of it again.. but I'm an okay daughter, so I just decided to walk to the nearest restaurant which happened to be a café. It was dainty, y'know, your average tumblr café.
Cutesy string lights lined the building and the wood interior complimented the tan accents. The air smelled like coffee and the atmosphere was welcoming.

After placing an order, I decided to dine outside considering it was a pleasant day. A bone chilling feeling washed over me as I felt two eyes glaring. I shrugged it off, it's probably just a replay of last night. Woopdedee, a paranoid teenager out by herself, this feeling is typical.

I started home but the feeling just wouldn't scram. It was piercing my back and it caused the hair on my neck to stick up. A walk turned into a jog, and a jog turned into a full blown sprint. We Usain Bolt in this bitch.

I huffed into my room chugging a water bottle when my heart dropped to the depths of hell.

My drawer was open and all my underwear was gone. Someone has been in my house.

Over the course of weeks, the feeling of being watched would not settle. More personal objects began disappearing from my room; toothbrushes, bras, razors, and even the hair from my hairbrush was gone. The smart thing to do would call 911, but I couldn't do that to my mom. She wanted a fresh start, I couldn't worry her about her daughter. I needed to stop being a baby bitch and deal with it myself. Yeah, I was terrified. I was too scared to stay in my house but I was also worried about going in public. It's a lose-lose situation.

My doorbell rang, and the piercing noise echoed through my house. I froze. Was this it? Was I finally going to get murdered?

I cautiously looked through the peephole and saw that a wooden, innocent box awaited for me on my doorstep. I quickly opened the door and snatched the box before any murderer had a chance to grab ahold of me.
I lifted the lid of the box and pulled out it's contents.

I was mortified.

Dozens of photographs were taken of me. Some were at the café, me walking home, and even some of me in my room that were taken through a window. I gasped and dropped the photographs, shaking.

I had a stalker.

———
I apologize for my hiatus. I deleted this app a long time ago as my creative side and love for writing faded. I doubt I'll update regularly as even writing this chapter was incredibly difficult. I have an idea for the plot, but I'm not sure that I'll find the time to go through with it. As always, thanks for supporting.

💛ellie