Chapter 2

My mom finally got home and i told her about the dinner. She jumped up with happiness and ran to get ready. I got dressed in this:

 I got dressed in this:

It was simple but cute. I finished my makeup and my mom came running down the stairs, almost falling.

"Woah mother, take it easy."

"Oh im sorry dear. Im just so excited you met new people! Then we got invited to dinner? Ohh lord!" She grabbed me hand and yanked me out the door and down the street.

She knocked on the door and smoothed out her dress. Susan answered.

"Aw! Pleasure meeting you! Please come inside!" She exclaimed as her and my mother went straight to talking. Rodrick & Greg were fighting on the couch. I walked in slowly to the living room.

"R-rodrick? G-greg?" I said, looking at them. They stopped and stood straight up.

"Y/n!!" They both shouted.

"Now, what wild behavior that is!" I chuckled

"Brothers, amiright?" An older gentleman said. "Im Frank Heffley"

"Y/n l/n. And possibly. Im an only child." I smiled and shook his hand.

We gathered around the table & the boys were sloppily eating their food. I ate slowly.

"Soo.. Rodrick, what do you do for a living?" I asked.

"Im a drummer. Löded Diper. You heard them today." He said with a full mouth.

"Oh.. i sure did. Loud music you play huh?" I chuckled

"You bet. Were pretty good arent we" He smirked and wiped his mouth.

"Mehh." I laughed and he rolled his eyes playfully. After dinner, Rodrick showed me to his room.

"Aaand this is where the magic happens" He points to his bed and winks "Nah im playing. Im single"

"Hmm.. I wonder why. " i playfully hit him in the shoulder.

"Nah but check this out" He shoves a notebook in my face. "Its the lyrics to our new song"
I read the page

"All it says is "exploding diper"? You spelt diaper wrong, buddy."

"I know, art. Were gonna be huge one day, you just wait y/n."

"Im waiting"

"Damn, you sure arent scared to say whats on your mind huh. I like it" he sat on his bed and smirked.

"Why hide the truth? And arent you flirty?" I got closer to his face and looked down at his lips. He started leaning in and i pulled away. "Too bad im out of your league, hot shot" i laughed and he grunted.

"Says who?"

"Says me" i pulled him up. He was 6'0" and i had to look up to talk to him.

"But who said i was going after you?" He looked down and raised a brow

"Im kidddinng. Im just busting your balls. Chill Roddy"

"Ugh. 'Roddy'. Thats such a kiddy nickname"

"Yeahahah shut up." We walked back to the kitchen together and said goodbye. My mother and I walked home.

"So, tell me about you and rodrick" she wiggled her brows.

"Mooom! No! Hes just a friend."

"Awww but hes a cutie. Go after him. Make mommy proud."

"Ill admit, hes cute. No, hes hot as fuck. Just im out of his league."

"Honey, you have to lower your expectations if you want to find someone around here!"

"And who said i wanted to? Im a strong, independent woman. I havent caught feelings for someone in 4 years. I dont want to either."

"Oh my precious baby. What will i do with you?" She unlocked the door and we parted ways. I got dressed and finally got my bed set up. I fell asleep at exactly 11:37 p.m.
••
I woke up to an ATROCIOUS banging and crashing noise coming from outside. It was 8:12 A.M. And mother was at work. I looked out the window and saw rodrick and his band, crashing away. I slipped on my slippers

 I slipped on my slippers

And ran out the door. I stomped up his driveway. They saw me and they stopped

"K what the living fuck. Its early as shit and im trying to get some sleep" i yelled

The guitarist whistled at me

"You better shut the hell up before i beat the living shit out of you" i pointed at him and everyone laughed. I glared at Rodrick

"And you, do you got a brain? What the hell man."

"Uhh im sorry y/n. It wont happen again." Rodrick looked down at the floor, holding his drumsticks. How adorable. EY NO

"Ugh, im sorry Roddy. If you want, you can come over to my place."

He jolted up "Cool im in"

I laughed and him and I walked back to my place. I opened the door and lead him to my room.

"Youre still in jammies too eh?" I chuckled

"Yeah. I woke up because my brothers were being rowdy" he yawned

"Aw c'mon. Go to sleep with me." I climbed in the bed and patted the spot next to me. He got in and i pulled up the covers "no touching though. I mean it Rodrick"

I heard a soft stiffle, then silence.