Chapter 1

Ah, you were 17. A young, curious, badass teenager. Nothing better then running wild. You were emotionally numb and scared of showing any emotion, especially love. You were cold, mean. Nothing ever had gotten past the barrier around your heart.
••••
"Oh honey, nothing like moving day huh?" My mother sighed, putting the last of the boxes into the moving truck.
"Ooh yipee" I said sarcastically.
"Y/n, lighten up. Youre going to LOVE this new house. The neighborhood is gorgeous with lots of friendly kids."
"Kids?! Oh brother."
"Ooh and youre becoming a senior! What a fun last year this will be!"
I lived only with my mother. My father died from a heart attack when i was 7. My mother was a happy spirited, humble woman. I was her everything, and she was mine too. She only wanted the very best for me. I got into the truck and put in my headphones, preparing for the 2 hour drive to our new house.
••••••
Once we arrived, i got out to stretch. It was only 5 P.M. The neighborhood was very green, and ugh full of children. I looked up and down at our new 2 story home. It was nice and roomy. My mom came up behind me and put her arm around me.
"Just for us. Just me and mah baby" i looked over and smiled at her. I opened the back of the truck. I rolled up my sleeves, my tattoo sleeve showing. I picked up a box and my mother did the same. We unpacked. This house isnt bad at all, I could get used to this.
••••••
I fell asleep on a bare mattress in my room. I woke up, and checked my phone. My messages were blown up by my bestfriend, Kaylee.

"Y/nnnn!!!! I miss youuuu!!!! Please visit? Ooh and if you meet a cute guy tell me. I want the deets!!"
I chuckled and responded:
"Ahh kiwi. I miss you too. How about you come visit instead? I could show you around xo"
I swung my legs over the mattress and put on a big tie dye hoodie. I slumped down the stairs to a note on the table that read:
"Left some things back at our old home! Be back in a few hours! I love you, be safe and meet some new people. Kiss kiss, mama."
Sigh. Meet new people? Thats not possible. You see, im not very good at meeting new people. However, i loove to party. Fuck me up with that damn. I ate a bagel and trudged upstairs to the shower. I got dressed in this:

It was an okay outfit, but im not really known to be "on fleek"

It was an okay outfit, but im not really known to be "on fleek". But i still had to manage to look decent just in case, yknow a hottie comes up to me. I grabbed my phone and walked out into the bright as shit sunlight. I was just taking a walk, when i walked past my next door neighbors. Their garage was BOOMING with loud, obnoxious music.
"LÖDED DIPERRR" came screaming out. Gross. Their garage was open, so i just went up their driveway and watched silently. They were too busy headbanging, so they didnt notice me. After they screamed "Löded Diper" for the millionth time, the song ended and they all looked up at me.

"Who is this hot rod?" The guitarist said, putting a thumb on his lip. Gross.

"Ahaaa... im y/n l/n. I just moved in next door? I heard your ear bleeding music, so i decided to check out the source. Besides, my mother is desperate for me to meet new people." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Ooh you sassy. New girl in town= new chances" The guitarist said, laughing and looking at the band who was all laughing except the drummer.

"Um, ew. No thank you. You aren't my type. Besides, i dont even know you. Nevermind, i made a mistake coming up here. I actually grew up in a well raised home. Thank you very much" i turned and started my walk down the driveway when i heard:
"w-wAIT"
I turned and saw that the drummer had stood up. I raised a brow.
"I-im rodrick. Im your n-neighbor and i promise i was raised w-well." He stuttered nervously.
"Ah, I see. Why do you look nervous?" I smirked.
"What? Im not n-nervous. Just shocked." He mumbled
"And whys that, Rodrick?" I questioned.
"B-because im not good at talking to new girls" he turned away from me. The garage door swung open and a young boy came out.

"Greg!! G-get back inside! What are you d-doing? Its rehearsal!" Rodrick yelled.

"Hey.. not just yet. Who are you?" I smiled

"Im Greg Heffley. And you are?" He gave me googly eyes and i just chuckled.

"Y/n l/n. Im your new next door neighbor. Pleasure to meet you, kid." I shook his hand. Then the mom of Greg and Rodrick came out.

"Boys! No fightin- Ohh! You must be our new neighbors!!" She clapped her hands gleefully. "Susan Heffley."

"Y/n l/n."

"Say, wheres your mother?"

"Oh, she went to run some errands. She'll be back in a few, Mrs. Heffley" she was shocked at my manners.

"Well.. would you guys like to come over for dinner tonight? We'd love to get to know you." She smiled

"Of course! What time?"

"5 P.M."

"Sounds perfect. See you then. Pleasure meeting all you guys!" I then walked down the driveway and back to my house.