7 - royals

Sammuel

The wind was warm.. as it held a gentle caress. Indicating the calmness and tranquil awareness, it holds a greater meaning to the arising storm that is about to happen and the battle we are about to face.

The whole village has been all but peace, quiet, serenity embracing this outskirt of the so called land the royals have always put their hands on whenever they please and orders the peasants as if they own them.

The warmness was alarming. It was holding a message, for each and everyone of us. The silent chirping of birds slowly soothing me to sleep as if comforting me with the things that is going on in my mind, chaotic thoughts whirling inside my head like hurricane.

The surface of the waters still.. with no alarming signs of disturbance. But the slow crashing waves.. threateningly saying something otherwise, as it was showing the problem we are facing. Embracing all of our lives as we are all affected by this.

The whole village was doing anything they have normally did, happily continuing their life, with no worries what so ever, and here we are, the slow steps.. crumbling.. shaking and shattering fear, the guards were nearing, and all we could do was tremble.

The marching that signifies the approaching trouble, someone was a wrong, someone had done the royals misfortune, someone was to be disposed of because they served as threat to the royal family.

My Mother was a threat, she gave abundance and was a savior to the people, it could spark up rebellion. That could be it, the only way why the Royals could have thought about disposing of my Mother if the oracle serves the truth, and no oracle have been bended upon by men, it will always.. and always happen no matter what solution you could place at the gods.

It is their decision and the Fates have made your destiny as it is, there's no getting out of that Oracle once you've been given one. It is your fate.

"I treasure you the most Sammuel. I love you, son." I kept myself composed as I stare back at her dark brownish eyes, with depths as it goes deeper.. and getting darker with its arriving and closing death.

It was the calling.

The reckoning of the souls.

A sign that the perry down to the Under world were now open, and waiting for this soul to enter.. it was natural, to lose someone, to have your soul escorted to the Underworld, to be born into a world full of unfairness and ruthless people who call themselves royals and all to do was care for their betterment. Using other people as toys for entertainment and have a comfortable living harvesting the hard work of others, throwing away their people.

Its natural. It's what we were used to. And it could always be like this as long as anyone could do something about it. The world was a fast paced place of never ending possibilities.. but it could seldom change, if no one would step up for it to change.

And unfortunately for my generation no one was brave enough to do the change we peasants want. We wanted a life for ourselves, a life that could be called our own, with our actions not being watched and not being told upon what is wrong and what is right under which standard the royals could give.

A life that we hold. It is what the peasants have always wanted to have. A life of our own.

"You are going to be ok, with Hadi by your side. Listen to your heart, you shall not go astray, child." I looked below as I hold her hand, as it was still without a worry.. she have always trusted the gods plans for every man. It was always the will of each god, no matter what happens to you it is what is fate placed upon your shoulder, for the betterment of another person.. people or even our whole race.

It could always end up in a result that no one could disagree from. As it was a blessing from divinities of the world.

Then there were harsh knocks on our old door that's barely holding on to the surface of the wood that makes up the whole house. It was soon broken and torn apart, broken to tatters leaving us inside open to anything that could scorch us with their swords of their said words of the royals.

"We hereby call upon the peasant that's said to be a witch. Hereditia. You have been tainted with the blood of a dirty soul, being in terms with darkness just to raise from the ranks and be called a savior of your village. Only the royals shall be praised as savior of countries, you are to be put on trial.. but I assure you'll be fed to the dogs not long after." The head guard chuckled with venom dripping from his lips. I witnessed as they drag my Mother from my grasp and pulled at her hair like the painful groans escaping from my Mother's lips were just a mere natural thing they could hear.

They dragged her out of the house, by the hair.. pulling at the strands as she was bruised when they push her every time she can't keep up with their long strides. I watched my Mother hurt, in pain as she fell again with a harsher shove from one of the guards that paid no mind if my Mother could have broken a bone or two with the harsh treatment they are giving her. 

I felt Hadi stroked my hair as she whispered sweet nothings to my ear and helped me calm myself down.  I savored myself with the feeling of her embrace and her warmth enveloping my being and all the stress coming to disappear.. and along with that is the form of my mother slowly out of sight.

My heart broke at the mere passing thought of my Mother being taken away from my grasp. Her small cries of hurt, the inhumane way they have treated her.. was not right, however we are in no position to disagree, we are mere peasants that could do nothing but obligate to the whims of the royalties.

"I know none of your laws.. but all I know is that what mortals do are wrong at some point and I shall step in..and I need you by my side as I do." My eyes leveled to hers as she kissed me on my lips with a gentle caress telling me not to worry of nothing else.

"I'm always here for you as you are to me. Always." She tugged at my hands and lead me to a path I have yet to discover. It was covered with grass and greens.. the trail leaving the village we grew up in and entering a whole new world I never could fit in. The path led to the inside of the city.. where the royals dwell and enjoy the luxury of life.

"What do you plan to do.. Mother said--"

"Your mother said you should be with me always. I'm going to save her.. she's one of the most important person to me, the both of you thought me life." With a smile laid out on her face, she dragged me into the foreign city.. as I feel myself sticking out like soaked clothes.. It was uncomfortable.. the stares and the murmurs.. I did not belong in this city.

But none of those matters as I saw the figure of my Mother being chained on the middle of a flat form. Some elites came to watch, as they stared up in disgust.. I felt my anger soaring down into every part of my being.

It was wrong. Everything they did.

"I shall sentence this woman death." Was the only thing I heard clearly before I heard the loud thunder, and saw Hadi beside my Mother.

Then there was blood. 

My Mother was pierced by a sword. Hadi held her with care as she whispered something to her... I did not know what happened but then the plants... Stems and roots started to grow.. and a large tree enveloped Mother in an embrace.. and from her chest arose a bud of life.. a plant started to spurt from her body.. and turned into a beautiful flower.

A tear fell from my eyes as I stared, along with other people stared in awe, admiration and astonishment.. there standing in the flesh.. a goddess.

"You lot should be punished for this deed."