1 - envy

Everything in this life has two things that could never be changed. The first one is to be born in to this world full of fast paced people, always changing, progressing, the second one, is the recollection of souls, the greetings of death, the end of the first thing, which is humanity, the souls of the dead were to be collected by my father's men, and locked from the realm of the humans.

For me it was a never ending cycle, people were meant to be born into the world, they were meant to dwell with comfort, survive and to live their preferred life, however it may be that simple, yet it is somehow really complicated, to be among such thoughtless creatures, to be among them, the mortals, it fascinates me how they are able to be full of life, even if they meet conditions of starvation, poverty, famine and shortage, they held their ground and kept on believing that the gods will help them through and through.

Mortals are such beautiful and curious creatures, they intrigue me, I adore them, I-

"I envy you, Sammuel" the cold winter air brushed my skin as I walk the trail to the temple of Zeus. With a flower on his hand, looked at me with a frown, looking intently, closely waiting for anything as to why I said such a thing. I shrugged and looked below, the grass filled land was covered with snow, some plants were dead, some were merely holding on fighting the punch of coldness the winter gave.

"How could you say such thing? You are of royalty I believe. The goddess of soil favors you such. Every plant you grow, it is healthy and beautiful, your hands are gifted as well as you are favored. And you say you envy a peasant like me?" I sighed in disbelief. The kid would not understand my mind, the mind of an immortal, unlike them we know more than they do, and the knowledge is not of power, it is a burden, and the mortals are better off without this.

The immortals that dwell above, at the Mt. Olympus, they worry, worry about the world that is in their hands, how could they make it such that, it would not fall apart as some of the seers have feared.

"I am not favored at all my dear. I am just trying my best. You could also grow such beautiful plant, if you tried that is." I said with a flat voice. I am tired of this. Everyday has been always like this, like I said a continuous cycle, never ending, life and death, day by day is a struggle mortals fight, however I believe not only they, but also some of us immortals, or maybe it is just me.

I keep on fighting my own struggles. The questions of reason, reason of living a long life without reason, reason of joy, reason as to why things are to be that way and not this way, why things were like this for a being like me.

I ought to be normal, with a purpose even if its as simple as surviving.

I stopped in my tracks and stared at the entrance of the temple, filled with excuisite carvings of precision, such beautiful piece of creation that the mortals had created to worship and send prayers to the gods. I believe Uncle Zeus is praising these people who bow to him, and are giving them things needed for survival. I just wish he stops going around collecting women.

"I'm going inside now, why wont you go with me once in a while? You never go with me inside to pray, who is your patron? You never tell me who your god is." I just simply whipped my head to the side and disregarded his questions. He is used to such treatment. We have been with each other since then, our baby steps.

"Go ahead and enter, we still have a lot to do back in the village. Your mother would be worried again, do you want that?" With a nod he entered without a word.