5 - love?

Aphriam is a nuisance, a god that I could always accompany with mischief, misdeed, a being beyond words such as rude, bad, toxic, but he is also in between the word entertaining and annoying, he was the only person to enter the realm of my thoughts, he was always like a wind passing by, it could be a hot, humid passing wind carrying a harsh after taste, annoyingly sticking to your skin with a scent that cannot be washed off that easily, or he could be a passing breeze, cold, soft to the touch, gentleness engraved to the depths of his touch, like a innocent child, knowing nothing of the world.

"You never fail to surprise me Adrieas. You are a very extraordinary goddess." I sighed in disbelief as he inched closer to me. Everyday has been a very warm day, there hasn't been a day passing without me ever noticing the sparks, the flicker of light, the feeling whenever we touch, with a mere brush of the fingers, there was the warmth, the addictive warmth I seek to be with every second of the day. 

The warmth gave by Sammuel. 

"I am not a play thing Aphriam. Did you cast me a spell." I asked, fixed with the thought of contentment, even if he did, I guess I could have never discovered this buried emotion from within everyone of us, I guess this is what uncle Zeus meant when I asked him why he could not be content with Aunt Hera, there are just too many out there, to explore, to help you discover of the real you, to make you realize what you have been looking for, there's just too many precious things to treasure. 

"I did. There's no way I could reverse it." He said, with a neutral expression on his face. And then back in the days, he have always pushed me, teased me, picked on me because I was not easy, he treated me a conquest he could never get a hold of. He chased me to the depths of hell, he have gave me everything any goddess or mortal woman could have asked for.

This emotion called affection, he have given me those as far as I think of it, every day has been filled with it when he was near. Aphriam was a man that every girl could dream of having to hold, but even with the said affection that he gave, he was not able to give me the warmth that I seek to have, after all, all he have gave me were fake things in return for a little bit of his entertainment. Everything was for fun, out of boredom, and a miserable day to pass, a month, a year, a decade, he have chased me, because he had nothing else to do in Olympus. 

All the gods have nothing left to do unless they disrupt the calmness of the Mortal World, unless someone dare defy any order and command, unless anyone became a threat to the tranquil flow of life. 

I like the peace and quiet, that was why I did not like the Underworld, the underworld was.. loud, full of unsaid emotions, it stinks of the scent everyone has, tears, blood, insatiable thirst for more things they crave, it was a place with thoughts that could not be said but is strong enough to hear, because of the mortal's so called 'emotions', that we, immortals lack of. 

"I thought you said I was the only goddess to satiate your love of women. Now I am tied to another, you could not steal me away now." I dare challenge him, the warm breeze starting to rise, with a bit of droplets of drizzle. The land was soon soaked with the so called raindrops, the cry of the gods, or could it be a blessing from them. 

The cold winter was coming, it has been being prepared of by the mortals, harvesting all that they could, so that they could not be short on the stocks for them to feast on, especially those of higher rankings, they command lower people to work for their benefit just to rob them of their hard works.

I blessed Tia of the hands of a god, harvesting even through the coldest of winters. She had been always hardworking, this was just credit for what she had been contributing to the land of the mortals. She had been a kind, sweetheart. A pure heart, no one should have tainted. Not even those she calls above them, she shall look at themselves as someone worthy of acknowledgement and recognition, ambition that could pull them to the top of the food chain, even tho the top is not a possible place, even in the middle class of the hierarchy 

 Some rulers are just oblivious or feigning ignorance from what is really the case of everyone in their land. The mortals in this land, in this small village, are kind, far too kind to be used, mistreated, abused by the power of others brag about. Humans use power to control, hold captive the rights and dignity of a mortal, humans are dirty, they are tainted with sin of the world, they're all controlled by a system, and with no resistance at all, being dragged by the flow of life. 

"You were. Now I saw someone worth looking at without bothering her peaceful radiance." I scrunched my nose at the poison filled piercing pain he inflicted, it was something I did not felt before but was this what they called jealousy? I have been used to the Aphriam all over me, I was used to him looking at me, and now that I think about it, I did like Aphriam, even if it's just a little bit, I felt this unexplained hurt because of that little 'like' called emotion of the mortal realm. 

"Who is this unfortunate woman. A mortal perhaps?" I guessed as I looked up to him, he cupped my chin as he rubbed circles to my soft tender skin fresh from the feeling of Sammuel's touch.  I was longing for him with every stroke of Aphriam's freshly sculptured fingers grabbed from perfection itself. Aphriam was a friend I could never admit was, but he was, he was there when no one else were to comfort me of the pain of being alone, and even with him tho, I felt alone and dejected. I just felt the arising emotion now, that he was indeed a big piece of the puzzle I've been trying to put together. 

"She's no one. Not worth mentioning." With a genuine, suprisingly, genuine smile. A content face I have never seen from him. He was not the Aphriam I knew, he was new, a better Aphriam, and I'm somewhat... sad. 

This emotion they call happiness. It was a distressing one, sometimes I feel like.. or now, I feel like I'm happy, and I'm sad, I wonder which is which but as far as I'm concerned, I was here, living, alive. 

"Go on now Aphriam, to your beloved. I shall be too." I went up on both feet. Along with the chirping of the birds, the blue velvety sky was worth mentioning to be a aspect of the good future he and the said mortal could have. I shall bless them with prosperous beautiful flowers in their lifetime. 

"I loved you.. Hadrieas." 

love? 

Love huh? 

I felt myself smile. 

Everything that happened here in the land of the mortal. It was a vast broad world of incredible unexpected reality, reality that the mortals have embraced, it was harsh, unsightly, and rather dirty with all the things they couldn't have had. Some did not deserve the cruelty of the world, some were just, just... mere humans, they were mortals.. tainted with the sin of pandora. 

However.. life of the mortals are rather, fun, for they have this.. what they called emotions. 

Hatred.

Joy.

Jealousy.

Sadness.

Emptiness.

Happiness.

Selfishness. 

Greed. 

Lust.

I am starting to feel.. my heart started to beat. You are one of the reasons, Aphriam. Thank you. 

"I loved you too, Aphriam"