Chapter 16 What death takes

Karin's POV

    Shake it off, Karin, their fine. I look down to where Yuzu was just leaning on Jinta whom was blushing like a bright red apple.

"Karin san, would you like some more tea?" Urruru asked as she held another glass of water with tea on the side.

I force a smile.

"No thank you." I reply. She gives me a sad glance before turning away.

"Yourichi san." Yuzu said to the cat lady "Something's really wrong."

Tessai, Yourichi, Jinta, Urruru and I just stare at her.

"What's wrong, Yuzu."

"Something bad happened. Onii-chan and the others are hurt!" Yuzu said tears pouring down her cheeks. Yourchi scoots toward her.

"Get those thought's out of your head, Yuzu chan. We couldn't know what's going on there anyway." she said as she pats her head soothingly.

"No, you don't understand. I can SEE what's happening!" Yuzu cries out. I wince as she starts to bawl. She never cried this hard, only when mom died.

"H-how can you see what's happening?!" Tessai said taking her hand.

"I don't know!"

I hug her as tightly as I could.

"Do you think we should check and see the status?" Yourichi asks Tessai quietly.

"We should, we were technically supposed to have gotten a message from them when they entered Seireitei safely." Tessai replied "I should check the Senkaimon."

"Could you possibly check to see a quick peek at the battles around there?" I ask.

"I can, and if they are in serious trouble, I will use a kido that will immediately transport them back here." Tessai said taking off his apron.

"Good, check really quick. Jinta can help keep the Senkaimon open." Yourichi said "That way we can diminish our fears."

We stand up and walk down to the Senkaimon, while holding Yuzu's hand.

"Good luck, Tessai!" I yell as he enters the Senkaimon.

"Stay safe." I add whispering.

Ukitake's POV

   I stop attacking as I fill with horror. Unohana and the others reatsiu disappeared with the smoke. I bite back a howl of rage as I turn all of that into my attacks.

"I see you realize." Tousen said calmly "That the mission that Urahara Kisuke has developed has failed. Your friends and lover is dead."

"That's not true." I say loudly trying to wipe away my fears "They're not gone!"

"Tousen sama, Lord Aizen wishes for us to end this right now." Starrk said as Lilinette fires off another cero.

"Aizen sama, must have finished off his battle quickly. To be able to get rid of over half of the shinigami in minutes is an incredible feat to do." Tousen calmly said turning around to see the smoke turning into flames.

Retsu, my love. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. Goodbye.

I turn around and shunpo to where Byakuya, Kira and Kisuke had managed to seal off Ryujin Jakka.