Chapter 19 Love, Betrayal and Death are Never a Good Match

Toshiro's POV

   I couldn't do this. 

"HYAH!" Hinamori screamed as she brought down her zanpakuto. 

I dodge out of the way.

"Hado number 4, Hainawa!" I yell. I was in no shape to fight her, my wounds were barely healed.

"Snap, Toubime!"

I shunpo out of the fireball coming my way.

"Hinamori." I whisper.

Kyoraku's POV

   "Nanao chan. You grew up." I told her. Her hair was longer and in a ponytail.

"Shut up." was the response I got back. I cry chibi tears.

"So mean, Nanao chan. You don't recognize your former taicho?!" I wail.

"You can look like him, talk like him, and smell like sake. But your not him." Nanao said.

"I guess talking is useless then. Hado number 32 Okasen!" I point to her.

Yellow arcs of energy flew straight towards her. She shunpoed out of the way.

"Hado number 54, Haien!"

"Geez, when did you learn to do high kido without incantation?" I ask her.

"Guess. If your really him, you would know exactly when." she snarled.

"I see, you learned it when Lisa chan disappeared. You wanted to succeed her." I tell her. She stops, her eyes widening.

"Shut up!"

"Nanao chan, this isn't you. A battlefield isn't the place for you. And you know that." I said slowly.

" I told you to sh-" I interrupted her.

"I can't probably prove it to you that I am really Kyoraku Shunsei. But you can see it really is me, because your one of the few people who know me so well." I walk towards her "And it's probably because you love me too."

She burst into tears, sobbing.

"Kyoraku taicho." she wailed.

"I'm proud of you, Nanao chan. Your like my own daughter to me." I whisper hugging her "I missed you."

Rukia's POV

   "Lieutenant Chojiro Saskibe, fukutaicho of the 1st division and Yamamoto soutaicho's right hand man." I tell them "Don't underestimate him."

"I know, Rukia." Ichigo says exasperatedly. Chad nods.

"Baka! We are in no shape to fight against him!" I scream "We'll be pounded in seconds."

"Then what was Ukitake thinking?" Chad asked "He knew that nobody was in perfectly good shape to fight, why order us to arrest them?"

I sigh.

"That I don't know. But orders are orders." I said.

"Are you guys done?" Chojiro asked.

"Of course. Rukia, Chad stay out of this fight. I'm going to take him head on!" Ichigo grinned "We have to finish this fast, the others might need our help too."