Chapter 1 Invasion

Rukia's POV

   I was panting hard already, my lungs burned painfully inside my chest. I adjusted my grip on Renji. Hanataro and I had been running for at least 2 hours by now, carrying a badly wounded Renji with us. 

"H-h-how much further to the rendezvous? Isn't it at Urahara's place?" Hanataro asked tiredly.

"Yeah, we're almost there." I said numbly, trying to get over the news. I begin to recall what happened.

   I was running an errand when the invasion happened. Arrancar, Espada, Hollows came out of nowhere and the massacre began. I watch as people tried to fight, Soi-Fon taicho had engaged a woman espada, but was swiftly cut down by whom I recognize as Grimmjow Jaggerjack. I ran back to Ukitake taicho's place only to find it in flames.

"Taicho!" I had screamed. I ran through the room to make sure he wasn't in his bed. Good, he must be somewhere else. I shunpo fast outside before the place collapses.

I ran and cut down some hollow, but more kept coming. Blood was everywhere, I couldn't find Nii-sama, Renji or anybody I knew well. 

"Rukia-san! Over here!" a voice yelled. I spin around to see Hanataro treating a bloodied person.

"Hanataro!" i yelled as I ran over to them. I gasp as Renji had two deep stabs into his chest, he was already unconscious. 

"We need to get out of here! It's not safe to treat him out into the open! Let's head to the fourth division." I scream over the noise. Hanataro shook his head sadly.

"We can't, Rukia-san. It's gone." 

I look at him in shock. Isane, Unohana taicho all of the division member's were gone. I hold back a sob.

"We have to get out of here." I told him. He stares at me confused.

"But where? Seireitei is destroyed." 

"We can go to the World of the Living using the Senkaimon at my brother's manor." I told him "And from there, we can meet up with Urahara and come up with something. Renji can get treatment there."

"I guess your right, but we have to be discreet. We don't want to attract any enemy's." Hanataro said lifting up Renji. We place our arms around his shoulders to support him and I manage to shunpo to the Senkaimon.

As the door opened, I took one last look at the home I was leaving, watch as smoke arose from the 1st division. Before the doors close.

We finally arrived in Karakura town, right next to Karakura High school. I search for Ichigo or anybody to help us.

"Ichigo!" I scream as loudly as I can "Anybody please!"

"Rukia? What are you doing here?" Ishida said coming out from the building. I practically sob in relief. 

"Ishida! Thank goodness your here. Please help us get to Urahara's please. Renji is hurt really bad." I tell him as he grabs Renji from us and we manage to run to Urahara's unseen, which was unusual.

"Okay, Rukia. Will you tell me what in the world happened. You have blood all over you!" Ishida said "Where's your backup or something?" 

"They're all gone." I whisper before collapsing in front of the door.