Chapter 20 Love + Sadness = ?

Byakuya's POV

  I wish this had never happened. I wish I never saw his body falling gracefully down to the ever aproaching ground.

"We're nearly there." I said as we ran as fast as we could towards the shop. Isshin could barely contain his tears as he held back sobs.

We were met by a bright light and about several zanpakutos pointed at us.

"It's just Byakuya and Dad.... and Old Man!!??" Ichigo yelled going on the defensive "Byakuya did you actually defeat him?!"

"Kurosaki Ichigo, you are as brash and outspoken as ever." Yamamoto growled, irritated at the lack of honorific.

Yourichi's POV

   "Wait, if you didn't defeat him then why is he here?" I questioned. Kisuke immediatly put a barrier around him.

"Until we can find out you are our ally, then you will stay in here." he said placing the nesecarry seals "Bring the others and put them in the same cell."

Rukia and the others helped carry the uncounisious captives.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I whisper "They don't seem like illusions to me."

"Its just for a little while until I can make out that this is their reatsiu." he kissed me on the cheek.

"Where's Ukitake soutaicho?" Rukia asked "Did he come back with you guys?"

I look questiongaly at him.

"Tell you later." Byakuya muttered, before leaving the room. And with that we all exited.

Everybody got washed up and bandaged before sitting down around the table.

I look at Toshiro quizzically.

"So where's Ukitake?" I ask, the silence getting awkward.

"H-H-He's, ummm, ahhh," Isshin started before tears poured down his cheeks.

"Dead, dead by Aizen's hand." Byakuya said hollowly, his eyes paling as we took it in silence.

"I refuse to believe he's dead!" Unohana screamed, tears pouring down her cheeks "He promised he wouldn't leave me!"

She wouldn't stop sobbing, crying into Toshiro's shoulder, as he too blinked back tears.

Tears poured down my cheeks, as nearly everybody started crying.

"Darn it, Ukitake." I cried "You weren't supposed to die!"

Rukia hugged Byakuya and Ichigo, sobs wracking her small body.

"Just like Kaien dono." she whispered.

I wrap myself in Kisuke's embrace, his tears dampening my back.

"Promise me you'll stay alive to see this baby." I whisper, rubbing his back. He hiccuped before sealing it with a kiss.

"I alway's keep my promises don't I?"

Hinamori's POV

   I walk around impatiently in the barrier. It couldn't have been Shiro chan. But it sounded like him and he knew all about me and the secrets we shared. We had a special bond!