"That's weird."

"Indeed, he then asked me something I can't forget until now ..." Diana sighed then she looked down, looking at her shoes that were still tied neatly on her feet. Diaz waited questioningly. "Could you be my stepdaughter?"

Diaz frowned a thousand times, he continued to look at Diana who was bowing. "Did he do anything to you?". Seriously, Diaz's calm tone changed tense immediately. Seeing Diana shake her head slightly, Diaz silently let out a sigh of relief. "He treats me like I'm his biological child, he respects my religion, what I can't or can eat and is supportive like a father should. I thought he lost his mind but one day when I ask him why he treated me nicely, hence he can just kill me because I'm trying to take him down after all, "Diana raised her face then she looked Diaz right in the eye.

"I once have a daughter, her face is just like you. Instead of killing you, I want to give you the love she didn't receive when she was alive. Even if you're another person."

Diaz was shocked, he was only able to look at Diana's serious face. He looked ahead and still no words crossed his mind that moment.

"Chief knows about this, he said the authority will always look after me while I'm being his step-daughter. But he told me to keep about this for myself and not others. A week after that I got information that the chief faked my loss. He told me to consider this as an undercover mission. I don't expect it to be years of the mission."

"I see, but where's the mafia boss now?"

Diana smiled sweetly. "In a better place." Diaz turned to look at Diana, he nodded once with a small smile. "I see."

"Well, that's it. Thanks, Diaz for listening to my explanations."

"No biggie Dayana, anyways, how do you want to give back my time?" asked Diaz. He can see Diana twitching in horror. "Y-your time?". He nodded. "You told me you want to borrow my time, right?"

"T-that..."

He amused, making Diana goes silent. He then stands up out of sudden and as he stretches his body. "You can't return it, right?"

"I- I can't..." she watched Diaz step in horror.

"Well, you need to pay me then."

"Pay? through what?"

"A cafe date."

"D-DATE?"

..............

"Schizophrenia."

"What?"

"You have a mental illness called schizophrenia. Through reports, you can hear and see random voices and images in the blank air. And through tests, we can confirm that you diagnose with Schizophrenia."

Diaz is shocked, is he? mental illness? impossible!

"Is there any way we can treat this...issue?"

The doctor nodded. "It is," the doctor then slides his chair to the other tables with documents and slip out a paper. He then writes something on the paper. "You don't need to worry, Diaz. WE can prevent this together. I'll set up your first appointment with your therapist and we will see the enhancement in a month." Diaz could only see every movement in front of him. Even when the doctor walks towards him, he can see someone playing with the papers behind the doctor. A little body, like a boy. Playing happily like there's nothing wrong. He shivers in horror.

"Diaz, I know these few years is hard for all of us. Plus about Diana's sudden loss. I know you have feelings towards her but trust me, your effort all this time is enough to prove your love towards her. Don't think too much and take it as easy as you can, life must go on," the doctor reaches for Diaz's shoulder, which is enough to wake him up from his delusional world. "Alright?"

"Yes, doctor."

Minutes fly away and Diaz finally walks out of the doctor's room. While he was walking through the hospital's hallway, he walked past someone that feels familiar to him. He then stopped walking out of a sudden just to see that his guilt was right after all.

"Wait, miss-"

What's that? Why did my voice and hand move out of a sudden? Is it because of curiosity?

He could see the person he was calling for also stop walking and look straight at him. Ah, the attire still didn't change. He could see a smile etched on her lips. "We meet again, sir!"

I was right.

"You're that staff from the cafe, who gave me a free drink before the closing?"

"I'm." he still can't see her true face just because of that hat of hers. But he recognises that smile very well. She's the one. "What are you doing here?"

She scratch her head, the smile didn't even fade away. "I'm visiting a friend, what about you?"

"I'm having my appointment today." unconsciously, Diaz smiled a little.

"Really? I hope you get well fast-"

A sudden call from her phone rang, stopping both of them to have a little more conversation. "Oh no, I need to go now! It's nice to see you again, sir!"

"Me too..." Diaz could only see her running in urgent. He keeps watching what doors is she coming in but things go weird when she enter the same door as his. What is she doing with a psychiatrist?