Chapter 1

*Vnn... Vnn... Vnnn...*

It was my phone vibrating. Rolled over to see what's up.

It was like 9 a.m. my father was calling me. I picked up the call and answered in my sleepy voice: "hello? Yead dad..."

-Hey. I need you, can you come at my workshop in like 30 minutes?
-Yeah yeah sure, bye
-Bye

I got up, got ready and opened the house door to leave. My mum called my name in a loud voice: "Ranger! Where are you going?"

- I'm going to work mum
- At your father's workshop?
- Yeah yeah
- Did you have breakfast?
- No mum I'm going to have a thyme manoushe
- Do you have money?
I sighed and replied in a loud voice: "Mum! Yeah I've got everything I need. Now I'm late for work!" She was just like every other Lebanese mother; asking a ton of questions to their son whenever they're leaving the house, although she knew where I was going and what I'm going to do.

I continued "Have a good day mum, have a good day everyone!" and left the house immediately.

We had a bakery for our Lebanese manoushes in front of our home. He wasn't the best, but he was okay.

"Good morning ammo Mgo", that's what everyone used to call him🤷🏻‍♂️, "I would like to have a good thyme manoushe with a little extra crisp please😉" After a few minutes he made it ready. I took my breakfast, paid him, said thank you and rushed to my father's workshop; which is the building next to our home.

"You're late!" Said my father angrily as he opened the iron door. He's a good guy, but a lot of times he's a very angry man.

It was summer, I didn't have school so I used to go and help my dad in work.

My father was a jeweler, and for summer time it was really hard to work in that hot weather. I used to deliver the gold works here and there, from one jeweler to another, and back to my dad; and I also used to do some little and easy works at his workshop. I didn't like to do what jewelers do, so I never wanted to learn to work as a jeweler, although our city was full of jewelry shops and jewelers.

It was like 2 p.m. and we were hungry, we went home for lunch. I couldn't continue work after that because I had to go to my scouts club, since we had alot of crafts and stuff to prepare since we had our 8 day camping after a few days.

I was a leader of 8 boy scouts, so I had to go to distribute and do alot of scout work in very little time.

I arrived at the club, distributed the work for my team. I took the hardest job of the day, which was painting our team's garbage bin. I was working at our boy and girl scouts team's room (which we were a total of 55).

A couple girl rover scouts came to the room to work. I asked them for a little help for my team's poster, they accepted. We used to help each other alot in our scout works. We were having conversations of different topics and laughed a bit while we were working. I started to have a feeling. A strange one.

I felt that my soul was telling me something. I didn't express anything to them. I felt like something is going to happen, but what?

The girls were still talking with me and I was acting intrested but I wasn't giving a damn about what they were saying.

I felt like something was coming closer to my soul. I felt nothing on my skin, the feeling was inside me; my soul.

I heard a very beautiful voice of a girl calling one of the girl rover scouts I was working with. I didn't know who it was, but I was in love with that voice.

"I'm here" the girl rover scout shouted. That girl ran to our room and almost banged her head to the room's door. The second she entered the room, I felt she was looking deep in my eyes, before even she talked to the girl rover scout. I looked up, we both made a deep eye contact for a second... and after that second, I wasn't myself anymore...