Chapter 27 POV Kara

Unedited -  I just had to write something quick for y'all 

This was our last day with the kids. They planned to leave today and go back to their own earth. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss them. I didn't get to hang out with Katie as much as I wanted to. I feel as though on her earth Logan may have been favored over her. We all planned to get lunch and then head to the park.

I walked over to the restaurant the kids picked out in my Kara Danvers get up. Lena and I hadn't talked since I left her on her balcony. Who was I kidding, I could never date her. I'm dreading today.

"Kara!" I heard my sister yell from the entrance as she holds the door.

"Hey. Is everyone here?" I asked as I approached her.

"Yep! They're all inside, now come on!" Alex yelled with excitement. I wondered why she was so excited. She's always wanted a child and now that she finally has one they're leaving. How could she be so happy?

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," I mumble to myself. I reach the door and see everyone inside gathered at the largest table this restaurant probably has. As we walk in Alex leans into me.

"So, I heard this morning that Supergirl and a certain Luther went on a date last night?" She whispered.

"Yeah and I'm sure the news forgot to mention how horrible it ended," I say. Alex grabs my arm and stops us in our tracks.

"What? What happened? Did she say something wrong?" Alex asked with concern. I look to the table and realize we got the attention of Lena, who was sitting next to Katie. I shrug Alex off of me and continue towards our table. The kids turn to me and smile.

"Yo, mama! Nice of you to join us." Katie cheered, oblivious to my down mood. I sat next to Alex and Maggie. At the table is Lena, Katie, Allen, Logan, Scott, and then Maggie, Alex and myself, in that order. The table was in a circle shape.

"Nice to be here. Everyone ordered already?" I asked. Everyone had only ordered drinks so far which was I guess nice. We had our lunch which took about an hour. It was then off to the park. The kids ran off enjoying the environment, Maggie, and Alex followed after them.  Alex tried to stay behind to talk but I didn't want her wasting any time left with her kid. Lena walked in front of me, following the kids and happy couple from afar. 

Before I knew it I was being tackled to the ground. I felt soft grass beneath me. I opened my eyes, knowing I'd see Logan because no one else could've knocked me down like that. Logan was laughing, actually laughing. "I got you! Finally!" He yelled. I guess on his own earth trying to knock me down was a thing. 

"Oh yeah?" I asked. This kid, my nephew, will be taken down. "You won't be able to do that again!" I shouted as I jumped on the boy. We basically just rolled around in the grass, laughing. Then I felt something on my back, one of these kids was trying to hold me back from Logan. Allen jogged up to us and stole Logan from me. Scott was close behind them. Which meant Katie was on my back. Now I had to be careful. I gently flipped her off of me. I didn't think she'd notice me holding back, but she's a smart girl. Alex, Maggie, and Lena all came closer. I could tell on Katie's face she wasn't thrilled with me holding back but I have to. Even though she's my kid she doesn't share any of my abilities, I could easily kill her. I can't play with her like I do Logan. 

"I'm not glass," Katie whispered. The look on her face, I couldn't describe it even if my life depended on it. She gets up from the ground and pushes past Logan and Allen who were messing with each other. I got up from the ground too, wanting to follow her. 

"Katie wait!" I shouted and she just kept walking. Great, I can't be a lover or a mother apparently. I covered my face in frustration. Tears were threatening to come out and I didn't want anyone to see them. I'm frustrated and angry. I'm so damn angry. Alex and Lena both approach me, wanting to know what happened. 

"Kara, what happened to Katie?" Alex asked calmly. 

"What did you do?" Lena asked in unison with Alex. What did I do? What did I do! I yell in frustration and punch the tree that was right next to me. 

"I can't fucking wrestle with my own child! I can't hold my own child! I can't love. She knows it! She feels it! Katie fucking feels that I can't give her the love she needs!" I shout in pure rage. What's wrong with me? What kind of monster can't even wrestle with their own child? 

"Kara!" Alex yelled, in shock over my outburst.  In all honesty, I was in shock too. I look at everyone and they're just staring at me. I look at Lena and...she's never looked at me like that. 

Oh Rao, I can't breathe. 

Before anyone has a chance to say anything else I fly off. 

I can't breathe. 

I'm underwater.