Chapter 4 (Lena's POV)

"We could've just taken her to a regular hospital, no?" I heard someone say nearby. Slowly, light started to flood in. My body felt weak and groggy. I was, was at Kara's apartment, and... Kara! It was like someone lit my ass on fire. Like a flash, my body shot out of bed.

    "Where's Kara!" Was all I could say, or rather yell. Footsteps approached me. I looked to see who it was and Ms. Danvers came into view.

    "I swear she was knocked out a moment ago." A familiar man said, standing near me.

    "Mon-El, it's called waking up." Ms. Danvers looked from Mon-El to me. Funny, wasn't his name Mike? I push the unimportant question aside while Ms. Danvers speaks again. "Are you alright, Ms. Luthor?" Am I alright?

    "Am I alright? What about Kara? Where is she?" Everyone's face had fallen. No one knows where she is...Ms Danvers was the first to speak.

    "We can't find my sister..." She trails off. I look from her to Mon-El and then around the room.

    "Where am I?" I definitely wasn't in a hospital. Ms. Danvers looked to Mon-El as if she were searching for an answer.

    "You're um, at the D.E.O." Oh, the D.E.O, that's interesting. I slowly get up out of my bed.

    "So, since we are at the D.E.O, there's a good shot that we'll find her?" It was as if what I said was utterly shocking. Ms. Danvers looked taken back.

    "You know about the D.E.O?"

    "Of course I do; plenty of people do. You don't hide your status very well. It's like Torchwood, know who they are?" Ms. Danvers looked outside of this glass themed room we were in. Not finding an answer magically glued anywhere, she looked back to me in defeat.

    "Who?" I would have laughed if it wasn't for the fact that Kara was abducted by a flaming, mechanically monkey!

    "How can you not know who they are? they're your competition." Before Ms. Danvers could respond J'onn came in.

    "We don't speak of Captain Jack." He then turned his attention to Ms. Danvers. "It's been two days, we finally got some activity." J'onn motioned for Ms. Danvers and Mon-El to follow. I've been asleep for two days?

    "Who's that with my sister?" Ms. Danvers half yelled. Without hesitation, I got up from my bed and ran into the next room. All eyes were on the screen. The D.E.O. in my imagination seemed to be more bat cave-ish, but that was not at all the vibe I got.

    "Hello my-." In the lobby of the D.E.O, you could hear a pin drop, so when this unexpected masculine voice filled the air, it caused my heart to plummet.

    "Son of a bitch!" We all turned around to see a frightened Maggie and a young man behind her. Guns were soon in the air. Maggie ran over to Ms. Danvers in a huff.

    "Hello, my name is Scott. I'm the best friend of Logan, the young man with Kara, you see." The young man spoke in such a smooth manner. His voice was like caramel. His angelic voice didn't help me be less confused, however. Before I could question this Scott, Ms. Danvers was already on it.

    "Who are you? Who's Logan?" He went to move, but the guns were quicker. "Don't you move!" He started to smile. Although his smile was sweet, it sent shivers down my spine.

    "J'onn can't read my mind, so let me show you who we are. I can be as solid as a normal human body; I can be as thick as a ghost, but what's my favorite is that I can get into technology. I can go into your computers and project what's in my mind on that screen." He points to the screen behind everyone. The screen shows Kara being held by an unknown teenage boy who was leaping at high lengths. "I can give you a slide show of who Logan and Scorch are." I couldn't tell if he was alien or not. What he was saying was, was unheard of. Well, his powers did seem similar to a couple of other old school villains.

    He began to move, and their guns started to sing. I covered my ears but not my eyes. I could see the bullets going through him. I could see him going into the computer. It was like he was mist, like he was Livewire.

    Sounds from the screen changed and snatched the attention of everyone, including me. There was a little girl on the screen hiding behind a wall. It appears she was listening to an argument going on. Soon, Maggie and Ms. Danvers were on the screen, arguing.

    "We can't keep her! She reminds you of what happened! We don't sleep anymore!" Maggie yelled. Ms. Danvers covered her face, then turned back to Maggie, tears streaming down her cheeks.

    "I don't care! She's ours! I know what happened; it's been two years. I know! But I love her. She's our Lila, and she loves us right back! I don't care how I got pregnant with her; she's our daughter!" Maggie's face softened as she placed a hand on Ms. Danvers salt covered cheek.

    "I-I'm sorry. I just don't like seeing you hurt." Before Maggie could finish, the little girl ran past them and out the front door. Ms. Danvers was the first to move.

    "Lila!" The screen then went blank for a moment. I looked at Ms. Danvers and Maggie. I have never seen two people look so confused.

    "I have never had a child. Maggie and I aren't even married yet!" Ms. Danvers was covered with worry. Before anyone could add on the screen brought up new images.

    "Lila, honey, come here." Ms. Danvers called out to her daughter. Maggie was on the couch with her wife, waiting. A teenage girl who portrayed herself as a tomboy ran down the stairs.

    "Yeah, moms, what's up?" Ms. Danvers motioned for Lila to sit down. She plopped herself down on a love seat next to the couch her moms were sitting on. "Yes, I know about the birds and the bees." Maggie started to laugh.

    "That's not what we were going to talk about, kid," Maggie said, still laughing. Lila let out a small laugh as well.

    "Okay, well, then shoot," Lila said, interested in what the news was all about. Ms. Danvers took a deep breath.

    "Why do your friends call you Logan?" Before the images on the screen could continue, two bodies fell through the roof, smashing the screen.