12. The Truth

"Sean. I'm not who you think I am...

"What does that mean your not who I think you are?" He gave me a look that I have never seen before. From that point on I tried to not look him in the eyes. If I did I wouldn't be able to speak my truth.

"When I moved here I was just released from a group home. As you know my parents died  when I was 10 so, I went into the system. When I turned 18 they released me. I took the money that my parents left me and I moved here to L.A. 

I wanted a fresh start so I changed my name and never wanted to be reminded of the past. My real name is Kameron Wright.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and looked at Sean. He was quiet and had a confused expression on his face. I can see the hurt in him as he looked at me trying to process what he just heard.

"Kayc... or should I say Kameron? Why would you wait all these years to tell me? I'm your best friend or am I?" He looked so hurt and I felt the betrayal he felt in that moment. 

"Please call me Kayc, that's who I am now, Kameron is in my past. I want to leave her in the past. Kaycee is my present and future. You are my best friend Sean. Please don't be mad."

"Kayc, I have to think about all of this, you lied to me for the last 4 years. How am I suppose to feel about that? Should I just let it go and pretend that I don't feel like I just lost the person that I love even though your right in front of me?

"I'm sorry Sean, I didn't know how to tell you. I honestly didn't think I would find someone and get this close . I never thought I would find you and fall in love with you as hard as I did, I love you. 

He stared at me like he was looking at a stranger. I was at a lost for words, the confusion and hurt in his eyes made the tears in mine fall. I reached for his hand and he pulled away from me.

"I gotta go Kayc I need to think" he stood up taking money from his wallet and placed a tip on the table.

"Sean, please just stay and talk this out. I don't want to loose you, I need you." At this point Tears were pouring from my eyes. He whpped my tears from my eyes and gave  me a blank empty look.

"I'll call you when I can wrap my mind around all of this," I nodded my head and watch him walk out of the cafe. 

I sat in the cafe for a while trying to wrap my head around what just happened. Did I just loose my best friend and the love of my life? There is nothing I can do to fix him, he lost his trust in me.

After about an hour of sitting in the cafe I walked out to my car to go home. Once I got there I wanted to just take a shower and let all this stress just rinse of my body. I open my front door to Tahani and Bailey sitting on the couch. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone I just wanted to be alone. 

I locked the front door and walked past the 2 and waved. I didn't even have the energy to speak, so I continued to my room. On my way up the stairs I heard Tahani yelling  "Are you ok Kayc?" 

I knew that if I didn't answer her she would follow me up the stairs so I answered "Yea T, i'm fine I just need to be alone." I can tell she wanted to talk to me but she let it go for now. 

"Whats wrong with Kayc ? She looks out of it," Bailey said grabbing the remote from the end table. 

" She'll be alright she's just dealing with a lot right now." I heard Tahani explaining to Bailey.

"Feel better Kayc" bailey yelled before my door closed.

I took my clothes off and got in the shower. I closed my eyes and let the water run down my body. I couldn't help but think of Sean.  I got out the shower put on a t-shirt and some shorts and laid in my bed. I was mentally exhausted with the day.  I turned on Netflix and put Friends  on and closed my eyes. I couldn't shake the thoughts of Sean in my mind. The hurt look on his face made my heartbreak. I started to cry and continued to cry for the rest of the day.

What am I gonna do if he wants me out of his life? How am I suppose to just move on? He is my heart, my whole heart. I can't just let that go, I need him. At that moment I knew that I loved Sean but I didn't know how much until now. I have never needed anyone since my parents died and I need Sean.  It may be cliche' but I need him to breath.

I'm glad he knows the truth it takes a weight off my shoulders but waiting for him to figure this out adds 10 more pounds. These thoughts ran through my mind all night until I cried myself to sleep.

AN: 2 updated in one day. I'm on a roll
Hope everyone enjoys this chapter.
I pray everyone is being safe and stay at home healthy and strong.