1.My New Life

Its been four years since I left Georgia and I have never been happier. Getting a fresh start is what I really needed. It gave me a space to breath and become the person I wanted to be with out a past. I left Georgia when I was 18 and now being 22, I have a newfound outlook on life. I know what I want and how to get it.

After I moved to L.A. I found a cute townhouse that I have been in since I got here. A year later my best friend Tahani came to stay with me. She is my best friend because she never sugar coats anything for me. She knows my past and now my new beginning. We promised to never speak of Kameron Wright ever again. Kameron Wright is my real name. I changed it after moving to L.A. Tahani didn't always agree with me about changing who I was, but she promised to never tell a soul.  My name is Kaycee Rice now and it seems to fit me.Those were the reasons I loved Tahani  so much she is like the only family I have in my life until today. 

I wake up to loud music at 7am thanks to what I assume is Tahani stretching in the living room. I could choke her sometimes. I tried to ignore her by putting the pillow over my head but no such luck. I guess I should just get up and start my day. I throw the covers off and make my way to the bathroom. I do the normal morning routine then head downstairs. Just as I though Tahani was in the living stretching. "why does this have to be so loud" I asked as I walk over and turn the volume down. She stopped and looked at me "sorry Kayc I forgot you were sleeping, when did you get in ? I thought you was hanging out with Sean." Tahani asked  in her investigative mod. Sean has been my other best friend since I moved to L.A., he is a part of my new L.A. family. I fell asleep at Sean's watching a movie. I left about 3 this morning. He tried to force me to stay but I wanted to sleep in my own bed. So, safe to say he was annoyed but he'll get over it. 

I walked past her to the kitchen put my phone on the counter and opened the refrigerator door and pulled out some eggs. I guess I'll fix me something to eat since Sean will be here in about an hour. I scrambled my eggs and made some toast. After finishing my breakfast I went back to my room and started to get dressed. I decided to wear my black crop top and some black baggy sweat pants.  I let my hair stay curly today and put 3 braids on the side. I grab my white Nike and head downstairs. Since I don't wear make up I just add my lip gloss. 

Today We are going to Jojo's class at Tmilly Studio. One of my favorite choreographers. Some how all of her pieces seem to speak to me. It always feels like they were made for me.

 As soon as I got downstairs  Tahani was at the door giving Sean the 3rd degree. " how could you let her drive home at 3 am, Are you crazy?" Tahani asked while blocking the door for him to come in, Sean just stood there with his mouth wide open and the cuttest frown on his face "Its fine T " I told her She rolled her eyes at him  and walked away from the door. Sean looked so annoyed " Why does she think you listen to me?" Sean asked while closing the door. "I don't know, I tend to ignore her when she gets like that" I grabbed my bag and walked to the door "you ready?" I asked, Sean gave a long sigh and we headed out to his car. 

The walk to his car wasn't long but it gave me just enough time to check him out. It was something about those gray joggers that he loves so much. I loved the way they hung on him. I try so hard to hide my feeling for him so far I think I'm doing good, but he doesn't make it easy. Sean is the sweetest person. He always make sure that I'm ok. He will stop what he's doing just to hang out with me and talk. We talk about every and anything. Sometimes I feel like I can talk to him about things I can't tell Tahani. I just don't know how much more I can take before I have to tell him how I feel. The only thing is telling him will mean eventually I would have to tell him everything. I'm just not sure he can handle the whole truth. Its been 4 years of me being Kaycee Rice I like it and I don't want to give all this up just yet.