Chapter 15 - Lena

Start from the beginning

"Starving." I teased back and soon, his lips were on mine.

I reveled in his kisses for a while before I forced myself to mind the time. I had to get to class and I still wanted to enjoy breakfast with Noah first, since he'd gone through all the trouble.

To be honest, I rarely had time for breakfast. I was always in a rush out the door so, protein bars were usually my go-to. I tried to cook myself a nice breakfast on the weekends but since I often worked late, sleep trumped breakfast most of the time.

"Thanks for this." I pulled back from his kiss momentarily and pointed to the food he made.

"I was up and I figured..." He shrugged, a slight tinge of pink touching his cheeks as he fought the need to blush.

"I have to get to class but," I smiled as I planted one, soft kiss on his lips, "I have time for breakfast."

I got plates and utensils and plated breakfast for the two of us while Noah took our coffee mugs to the kitchen table. When we were both seated, I realized I only had a half hour to eat and get to class.

"I don't want to make you late for class." He told me as we ate but the truth was, I'd rather be there with him than in class at all.

"I have time." I smirked into my fork as I finished my eggs.

"Let me help you." He offered as I loaded the breakfast dishes into the compact dishwasher once we were finished eating.

"It's done." I replied as he pulled me against him—still without a shirt and me, still in a bulky sweatsuit.

Letting him hold me for a moment, I didn't want to part ways but life was in the way per usual. More than that, I had a big day myself and I didn't want to discuss certain things with Noah—like Jacob. If we continued talking about what our plans were for the day, that would inevitable happen.

"I have to get to class but I guess, I'll see you?" I turned to Noah as I forced myself to pull away from him in the living room.

"You'll see me..." Noah smirked seductively as we pulled our hands apart and I headed into my bedroom.

Noah headed towards the front door with a small, black leather bag in his hand. He had since put back on his t-shirt.

"Oh, I will? I asked but I didn't have time to flirt—I had to haul ass to campus.

"Yeah," Noah smiled as I peaked around my bedroom door and he stepped through the front door, the both of us still clinging to the conversation.

"Cool." I smirked before I forced myself into the bedroom and into the closet. Finding jeans and a flattering white top that swooped low on my chest, I tossed on my usual Converse shoes and grabbed my backpack.

By the time I stormed out of my room and frantically headed out the door, Noah's car was gone and a part of me was actually sad about it. A slight drizzle started to fall and I could smell a storm coming. Changing gears and freaking out about being late instead, I jumped into my truck and revved it to campus just in time for my first class.

With a stupid grin on my face the whole day, I couldn't help but be in a good mood after everything that happened with Noah. Fighting the desire to text him multiple times throughout the day, I was proud of myself for keeping my cell phone in my bag and out of my hand.

I knew that I needed to focus on my classes. I was paying way too much tuition—out of my own pocket—not to get top grades and graduate in a few months. I'd come so far to get my master's degree and I wasn't going to let myself get distracted near the finish line.