"I am afraid that my tea might not suit your taste, Your Highness", Eleanor tried to escape. "It doesn't matter", Xylan said without looking at her. Eleanor prepared the ingredients and slowly poured the hot water into the pot. She also added a small amount of sugar.

She placed it gently on Xylan's table. "I will drink first, your highness", Eleanor volunteered and poured her a cup of tea. She tasted it and was proud that she was able to make a such fragrant and delicious tea. Xylan didn't mind and raised his cup. Before he even let the cup touch his lips, Eleanor slapped it. The cup went flying to the side of the room. "Hey", Xylan said with a confused look. He saw Eleanor becoming pale. "Guard!!!", he shouted. Some royal Knights are passing by and hear him shout. They entered and saw the Prince carrying Eleanor.

"Call for the doctor immediately!", he ordered.

Why is he panicking a lot?

I'm just a citizen of his kingdom.

What's with that worried look? Don't make me think that I'm dying.

"Council Eleanor, the doctor will be here sooner or later", Xylan gently dropped her on the couch.

Wait?! What happens if I die again? Am I going to be transported to another parallel world?

I don't want this girl's life but I worked hard to redeem her name.

Also, I wanted Charles to be my father. Gilbert is a nice teacher as well.

I... don't want to die.

Eleanor didn't notice that she was crying. "I don't want to die", she suddenly said her thoughts aloud. Xylan held her hand tightly. "You won't", Xylan said with such confidence. He let out his handkerchief and wiped my tears. "You will be just fine", the Crowned Prince patted her head.
............................................................

Prison Cell

Eleanor pressed her eyes because of the pain in her body.

It's cold here.

She opened her eyes and saw an unfamiliar place.

I survived the poisoning but there's no assurance that I will survive the trial either.

Eleanor sat calmly on the prison bed and looked at the small hole emitting light. "You are unexpectedly calm", someone broke the silence. Eleanor looked forward and saw Aileen. "Let's say I'm just caged for a while", Eleanor sighed.

If not because of her, you will still be in that dark room. 

"I was also caged like this before", Aileen said with a soft voice. "Eh?! The daughter of the chancellor was imprisoned?!", the blonde gasped and seemed to forget where she was. "It wasn't this shabby and also I didn't commit a crime to be imprisoned", the lady of Tales clarified. Eleanor tilted her head and saw a hint of sadness in Aileen's eyes. "Do you remember how we first met?", the raven head asked. "I fell so I don't have much recollection", she gave a short laugh. 

"My mother said I have a promising future to be the Empress. With that in mind, she made sure that everything I did would be something beneficial for me becoming the next Empress. The best tutors, the best clothes, the best jewelry. She did whatever she could to make me the most suitable candidate. It was only one time-", Aileen braced her arm. 

I don't want to be the Empress

I don't want to be the Empress. Everyone is looking for a way to snatch the crown either from her or the Emperor. 

You ingrate! I did whatever I could in my hands to raise you as a perfect daughter and this is how you return the favor?!!!

"I was locked in my father's office in the palace. He was away from an expedition. Servants would be giving food but won't allow me to step out until I repented of what I said. There was this royal ball and that's when the door suddenly opened. Standing in the light was a golden-haired child with such confidence in her", Aileen looked at Eleanor on the ground. 

What are you doing here? All the ladies are already flocking around the Crown Prince. I'll just wait for them to get tired then I'll steal the floor. No one dances better than me. 

Ah-

Why aren't you talking? Are you mute? Also, this is the Chancellor's room. Do you like reading? You'd strain your eyes if you read in the dark. 

I don't!

"I don't know what's gotten in me but I reached out for your hand", the raven's head covered her face. 

I just want someone to take me away from this place. 

You look so frail. I still have plenty of time. 

"I don't remember the rest but I woke up being carried by the royal tutor", she ended the story. 

"You had it rough, Aileen", Eleanor stood and reached out to her hand. "So, I am only doing this because I don't want to owe you anything", the raven head looked away. 

But more importantly...

"Some rumors are going around. Prince Keanne has been out in the streets being accustomed to the merchants. It happens that the teacups you used to serve his highness are from the merchants. At the same time, you were tasked to solve the crisis about the owning of shops on the street. Do you know what kind of rumor is spreading right now? ", Aileen looked into her eyes. Eleanor kept silent for a while.

"That the merchants would like Prince Keane to be the Crown Prince since he favors the merchants. That's why he worked hand in hand with me to poison the Prince", Eleanor said with a serious tone.

"Now that you said it yourself, I cannot help but think that you did it", Fiona went out of hiding. "A lot of ladies are being a witness for your affairs with Prince Keane during the meeting for the Crown Prince's coming of age", Aileen added. "That's not true", Eleanor lets go of Aileen's hand.  Fiona let out a short laugh. "You're still the same, aren't you? I thought you'd changed. Liar", the silver head grabbed the iron bars. "They're mistaken with Prince Keane trying to kill his brother. No matter how painful it was for Prince Keane to be replaced, there's no way he'll harm Prince Xylan", Eleanor also grabbed the iron bar. "That's why. If they are looking for someone to blame...", Eleanor was cut off by someone clearing his throat.

"You will take the blame. Interesting", Theo emerged in the light. The two ladies knelt. "Greetings to the hope of Andaria", they said in unison. "That's a good offer, Council Eleanor. With that, I don't have to deal with the merchants and my son as well", Theo nodded. "The problem is... Your father will wage war with me", Theo gave a terrifying smile. Eleanor flinched and let go of the iron bar.

"Your life is doomed, Council Eleanor. If you are proven innocent, I wonder whose life we should take to put all the blame on?", Theo hummed. "I will be just fine", Eleanor smiled. Theo was taken back and crossed his arms. "How sure are you?", Theo laughed.

"Your son, the Crown Prince said... That it will all be just fine", Eleanor smiled with confidence.

Chapter end.