Chapter 101: About Helen (EP. 02)

Did they really have to bring me along? Helen thought in irritation, resisting to the leash Aiden has gotten to tie around her neck, Well, if it isn't for my stubborn son- Argh! He can be quite pushy sometimes.

"Kristoff, can you help me carry this lazy cat?" Aiden grumbled in frustration, his skin dressed with sweat. Helen growled at him as if she understood what her owner said. Aiden rolled his eyes good naturedly, watching the former mountain man scoop up the wild cat to his arms.

"H-how much do you f-feed this thing?" Stuttered Kristoff, struggling to carry the tiger's weight, "Four buckets of meat?" Aiden answered sheepishly.

"You have to tell Kai to reduce the amount. She's quite heavy."

Kristoff finally managed to put the huffing feline on the back. The former ice harvester heavily panted tiredly, "Where are the others?"

"Elsa's still getting I ready, I believe. And Anna... Let's just say she made a little raid to the kitchen. She said something about food essentials." Aiden chuckled.

"Oh. What about the twins? Is their portrait done?" Kristoff curiously questioned.

"Almost. Mama and papa volunteered to stay to keep an eye on them."

"I see."

"Kristoff, can you help me carry this?" A certain ginger head arrived, swinging a backpack on her shoulder. Kristoff smiled and nodded, walking up to his wife and taking the bag from Anna's grasp. Sven neither excitedly as another arrival came in.

"Well, isn't this exciting?" Olaf grinned, hopping at the back of the large sled with Helen, "While I find the trek all sudden, I'll get to see the love experts again!"

"Exactly!" Anna giggled nervously, elbowing her brother in law, "I think Helen sensed it."

"She was quite a load to pull." Aiden murmured.

"Are we all ready?"

Aiden's mood lightened up once he saw the stunning Queen of Arendelle approaching them, clad only in her ice dress. He planted a kiss on her hand before sitting down on the front.

"I thought I was supposed to drive?" Asked Kristoff.

"Take a little rest, Kris. I'll drive this time," Aiden winked at his smirking wife and offered his hand, "And you, lovely, sit beside me."

Elsa smiled slyly and took his hand, sitting close beside him. Sven turned to Aiden in surprise, but also looked at him for affirmation.

"Go Sven."
____________________________________
Evening | 1 hour away from the Valley of the Living Rocks.

"Okay, okay! I spy, with my little eye, something that is... White."

"Olaf, we're literally surrounded with snow." Kristoff flatly exclaimed.

"You're really good at this. I spy, with my little eye, something that has leaves."

Anna sighed. They've been trekking up for two hours now, and Sven seems like he could use a carrot or two to build up his energy. Helen however, is taking a nap. Kristoff just sat there, taking a bite out of a sandwich Anna had packed every once in a while.

She curiously peeked over the two on the front, wondering how are they doing. Aiden is humming silently while Elsa is playing a crafted snowflake between her fingers in boredom.

One of the nearby bushes made a mysterious rustle.

All of the passengers and the driver tensed up, Sven's ears perking up in fear. Helen woke up from her nap and sniffed the air, her slitted eyes widening once she sensed what was coming. Aiden secretly grasped for his dagger, which he brought along for self defense if ever a possible threat can intrude their trek.

Anna gasped once she heard a hungry howl from the back of the pine trees in near sight.

A pack of wolves came sprinting towards the sled, howling viciously which made Sven panick and break out into a full gallop. Kristoff lit up a torch and threatened the nearest wolves, making a few of them halt in their place to avoid the menacing flames.

The intense speed Sven was going made Kristoff fall back to his seat and drop the torch on the snow to die. A sprinting wolf sprinted up to the sled and clung onto the wood, growling threateningly.

A blast of ice landed on the wolf's eyes, blinding him which lead it to drop on the way.

Elsa held up both of her hands, where two mini blizzards were forming. Aiden hooted over his wife's nice shot, before a wolf caught up with him and blocked Sven from going any further.

The entire pack went up with their leader, drooling already for their potential meal.

Helen furiously pounced from her seat and released a loud, mighty roar, which made the nearby perched crows fly out of their places by the pine trees.

The wolves quivered cowardly in fear. Helen stepped closer to the leader and stared him down, before leaving a scar on his right eye. The other wolves yelped in fright and scampered away, fastening their pace once Helen gave another roar.

Aiden sighed in relief and smiled gratefully at Helen who calmly returned back to her seat and continued her nap, as if nothing happened.

Sven, still recovering from shock, shakily continued walking.

"That was some entertainment!" Commented Olaf.

Groans erupted from everyone but Olaf's mouth.

Kristoff sat up from his seat, "I can see the fog from the valley now!"

Anna gasped in excitement, "That means we're near!"

That means I'm doomed, Helen mentally noted in vain, Very, very doomed.

"The Northern Lights are good for sightseeing at this time." Elsa sighed contentedly, resting her head on Aiden's shoulder.

"Lucky for you, I packed tents!" Anna proudly puffed out her chest.

"And where are we going to set up those? The wolves can return, you know." Kristoff pointedly asked.

"Who said anything about wolves, when we have Elsa's ice castle?" Anna challenged.

"For a pregnant woman, you are very different." Kristoff smiled.

"That's what you get for marrying me." Anna cheekily added.

"I wouldn't trade it for the world." Kristoff grinned, wrapping an arm around the bubbly princess's shoulder.

A/N: Kristanna is one of my favorite ships ❤ buckle up for the wild ride for the next chapter, folks.