"That's weak Olly, I can't-"

"I'll get you a date with Lisa."

"Now we're talking!" Jace clasps his hands together and Olivia smiles in satisfaction as she crosses her arms. "So, you're in then?"

"Yes, yes I'm in. But the date with Lisa must be at my house, just us two."

"You sex machine." She grimaces. "If I'm gonna let you fuck my best friend, it has to be worth it, Jace."

"It will be Olly. Relax," he smirks.

"And don't try to back out, I really need your help."

"Don't worry about it. I mean, this is what comes with being an amazingly attractive god. Sometimes duty calls."

Oliva fake gags at his conceitedness.

"Heavy is the head that bears the crown." He continues, running his hand through his hair while he smiles arrogantly. "I will make her fall for me in just one day, you just watch."

"Make who fall for you?" Tate, Jace's friend comes on the scene, looking between the two mischievous people curiously.

Tate and Jace are neighbors and their parents are partners in a famous local liquor business, which forces them to be friends even if they don't want to be.

"You know that pretty new girl-"

"Shut up, Jace. She is definitely not pretty." Oliva rolls her eyes. "Rainey, the same girl you keep chasing around like a fly, Tate."

He narrows his eyes. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'll make her fall for me. She looks like a good fuck, an easy fuck."

"Dude, you can't do that." Tate frowns. "I like the girl."

"Tate, my man." Jace presses a palm on Tate's shoulder, smirking. "You like every girl at Crosshill High. Relax, we can just share her. I fuck her Wednesdays; you fuck her Tuesdays. It's not like you're planning to marry the girl or something."

Tate sighs, rolling his eyes while Jace extends his hand toward Olivia. "My cell, I still need that bikini picture to get through Geometry."

She hands the device to Jace, smiling mischievously at the devilish plan she formulated.

°°

Rainey

I hate school, but I hate being at home more than I hate being at school, and if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose school in a heartbeat.

It's been a long torturous day, mainly because I haven't seen Ansel since this morning. I spent my lunch period in the office trying to get my gym gears. I didn't eat lunch, but I am more disappointed that I didn't get to see Ansel. That would have been my only shot since we don't share any more classes.

I know I am getting attached, and it's not healthy at all. I've always been independent; I don't need anyone. But life feels better when I am around him.

The final bell rings as students scurry out of their respective classes to bombard the hall. I open my locker to throw my textbooks inside when a presence appears beside me. The scent of cinnamons and peanuts plunder my nose as I turn my face to be greeted by the same boy that made me late on the first day of school.

The perverted nude-lover.

"Hi." He smirks, tucking his palms inside his black hoodie while he leans against the opposite locker. Tate stands behind him, a strange look on his face while he ruffles his hair.

"Do I have some business with you?" I impassively ask while I shove my History textbook in.

"Yeah...I think you owe me a date," he coos.

"Sorry?"

"Dude-" Tate grabs onto his shoulder and he nudges his hand off, shooting him a stern look before he looks at me again, grinning wildly.

"You owe me a date, which is the punishment for being so sexy." He bites his lower lip and I try not to gag.

"I don't know you." I make clear. "And you don't know me either. Goodbye." I slam my locker and turn to walk away. Tate cracks up in laughter while Jace slithers in my path. His pride seems partially hurt, as he tries to force a smile.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me?" He says as he leans on the locker beside him. I think he lacks the ability to stand straight.

"Oh, I do. But I am confused as to how five minutes of exchanging two words give us 'history'."

Jace swallows, straightening his spine. "Uh, well, you see..."

I glance at the time on my cell, impatiently whipping my hair from my eyes.

"Ever since that first day I met you, you were just so...I don't know, you were on my mind so much after that. I've never really thought about a girl the way that I kept thinking about you. I mean, I just couldn't get you out of my head...like...Wow," he chuckles. "You left quite an impression on me."

"By what, asking where my math class is, to which by the way, you gave me the wrong address?"

Tate laughs again, hunching over and holding his stomach.

"Let's start over, yeah? How about I take you out tonight? Fanciest place in town, amazing food and view. You know, my parents have good money."

"Oh, they do? But how sad, I am not interested in your money nor am I interested in a date with you."

"Come on." He bites his lip. "You don't have to play hard to get, babe."

"I am not. Word of advice, money does not work on every girl. Second advice; ensure there isn't a booger in your nose the next time you want to pull off being 'hot'. Excuse me." I render a tight-lipped smile and walk away.

Tate vulgarly laughs, slamming himself into a locker as tears spring from his eyes. "Damn, that was funny as hell!"

"Fucking bitch." Jace spits. "There's nothing in my fucking nose!" Tate laughs harder while Jace slips his cell from his pocket to scrutinize his face. He curses under his breath when he discovers that there is, in fact, dried mucus in one of his nostrils.

Wiping his nose with the sleeve of his black sweater, he frowns at Tate, whose face is covered with tears as he chuckles non-stop. "Shut the fuck up, I am not done, alright? I am going to mess her up so bad even you will be sorry for her, you asswipe."

Tate nods, attempting to calm himself down while patting his friend's shoulder. "Yeah...Good luck with that."