Chapter 5 || Are You Sure You Are Real?

"Greg: I barely know you

Rose Q.: That's a good thing." — Steven Universe.

•••

[Y/N]'s Point of View |

As I was slowly looking around the classroom, the windows, but also the students. They were all so unique in their way.

Hawks turn to look at me. "Is there something wrong, [L/N]?" He asked curiously.

I turn my attention to look at him and smiled softly. "No. Everything is fine."

Hawks gave me an amusing look, "Are you sure? You can tell me anything if you want to talk about it."

I chuckled. "Promise me not to laugh?"

Hawks smirks. "Cross my heart!"

I sighed softly while looking up with a softly gaze. "I just didn't interesting how these students are going to make a difference. They are using their mind, heart, gift, and motives to fo something big."

I closed my eyes. "What these students are doing is incredibly brave of them. They'll be a step closer to peace, it might be a long way to go. But, they are risking it all."

I slowly opened my eyes to see a stunned pro-hero. I smiled sheepishly. "I-I rambled, right?"

The dirty blond shook his head. "Nah, not much." Hawks replied. "But that is very inspirational! Are you a speech speaker?"

I shook my head while laughing. "Please, a speech speaker? I'm not inspirational."

Hawks opened his mouth. "Not inspirational? You must be deaf! What you said was amazing!"

I smiled softly. "I guess, thank you."

The winged pro-hero looked around and stared back at me. "I hope it's not too personal, but how long have you been in hostage?"

"For six years," I replied.

Hawks' eyes widen. "Wow, so you were thirteen years old when Kenichi kidnapped you?"

Hawks asked right away as I nodded. "Yeah.."

"Do you know or remember any family members? Maybe I can help you contact them, like parents or guardians?"

Parents? Like, a mother and father?

"Now thinking about. I don't know them, I just know that they died when I was very young." I mumbled as I looked away from his gaze.

"I'm so sorry," Hawks said respectfully as I shook my head.

"It's fine. I only had a guardian but I don't seem to remember them."

Hawks look away. "Hm. That's a shame."

His golden eyes were back at staring at me as I returned my gaze to him, as well.