Chapter 3 || How Life Works Now

"You're both human

"You're both human. You have to admit, it's a little confusing. You're big and can talk, and he's small and can only make noises. How was I supposed to know you were the same species?"
—— Rose Quartz, Steven Universe
•••

It's a Saturday morning, and it's barely 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm already tired serving drinks to these men. Kenichi wanted me to serve his companions with drinks.

I'm holding on to Hawk's sweet words he told me yesterday:

"I want you to know not to lose faith. I will get you, and you'll be free."

I smiled softly as that memory comes to my mind. This gave me hope about this action that is happening. I couldn't wait to live my life with Toshinori, and be free like Hawks said.

"[Y/N]!" Kenichi yelled as I turn to look at him. He motions me to come to him, I slowly walk to him as he smirks at me.

"I want you to meet, Shigaraki." I look over to see a pale man with cotton blue hair and red crimson eyes. His eyes were really red that it almost looked like someone painted his eyes for him.

He had cracked lips, bags under his eyes, and a was staring at me back. "What?" He asked harshly. "Don't remember me?"

I blinked, "No sorry. You have nice eyes, though." I told him while looking at his eyes. He was taken back by the comment as he chuckles.

"Same as usual, princess."

"Excuse me, how?—"

Loud bangs were heard as people were screaming. "Get down! Now!"

Policemen and pro-heroes were surrounding the house with harsh actions. I was shocked as this happened.

Kenichi right away grabbed the nearest money stack, car keys, and gun. He starts running away to the back door, leaving the scene.

"Kenichi!" I yelled at him, as I panicked. He stole my whole life, and he's about to pay justice.

"Dice! Grab [Y/N] and let's go!" Shigaraki yells at one of his members as he grabs a gun and starts leaving.

"All right, jeez," Dice says as he starts getting closer to me. "Come on." Dice replies as he grabs my wrist and starts taking me.

"No! Leave me alone!" I yelled as he continues to push me closer to him. I look over and see him about to take me to the back door.

"No! Please!"

"You heard the lady, leave her alone." Said a pro-hero as he shot a strong tree branch at Dice.