Won't Keep Me From Living My Life

"Hi!" Well, isn't this a great way to start your first day after the summer holiday? Let me tell you, no, it is not.

Louis is an omega who literally everyone hates. Everyone except this one crazy alpha. His name is Harry and it strangely suits him. He is a tall, muscled lad with a chiseled jaw and heavily tattooed body. His hair has these gorgeous curls, reaching his shoulders and it always seems too greasy. The eyes are a beautiful forest green. As a wolf, Louis adores running through the woods and gazing at the tall trees while listening to the birds chirp. He quickly learned this colour was his favourite. And even though Harry's cheeks are adorned with beautiful dimples, the best thing about him is his scent. Definitely his scent.

Louis is good at describing smells, simply because he has strong senses as an omega. He knows that the annoying fake blond across the hall smells heavily of peaches and the beta next to him, the one with the olive skin and looks of a God, smells strongly of coffee and dark chocolate. His brother, Liam, who drove him to school every day, has the car scented from top to bottom with that disgustingly sweet smell caramel popcorns leave behind.

The omega had known Harry since they were in diapers, the alpha always following after him and being his cocky self. Louis let him only because of his scent. Liam had told him the tall lad smelt like roses with a hint of Scotch. The omega doesn't agree. To him, Harry smells like freedom. It feels strange. He had never used a feeling to describe someone's scent, but the alpha's one made him feel like he is floating. When he thinks about Harry's smell, he imagines a sunny beach or the cold side of the pillow, or even a bed made of white feathers.

"Hi!" Louis exclaims before quickly becoming serious. "Bye," he deadpans, slamming his locker door once he had gotten a hold of the textbooks he needed for his next class. He is saddened to find out that, not only, is Harry the first thing he has to see once he walks into the building, but his first class has to be Math. Strangely, the teacher is loved by everyone, but Mrs. Brown is seriously nuts. She always weeps for her dead husband and oftenly complains about her children wanting to sue her. Louis actually loves Math, but the problem is, they aren't doing any of it. The omega is even sure the woman talks to her husband's ghost, which makes Louis feel slightly uneasy.

"You don't have to be so rude to me, babe. I thought we were friends." The alpha smirks, following after the omega who was tightly clutching his books. Just count to ten. That's what his therapist used to tell him. Well, Bill, it doesn't help.

"You thought wrong." This is Louis for you. He is always acting defensively and never allows himself to actually like anyone. Even though, Harry's scent is a true treasure, the omega lied about it being the only reason he hangs out with him. The alpha had been his best friend for a long time. They were inseparable. Then the presenting happened. Louis found out he is an omega and distanced himself from everyone. His mum, Jay, is the only one who he is still friendly to.

"You know, there is this rumor going around," Harry continues talking like Louis hadn't just told him to fuck off without actually doing so. The omega rolls his eyes. No need to waste his breath. Harry is stubborn and he is going to finish the conversation. "People say you have a crush on me and that I make you nervous." Harry chuckles cutely. Louis knows no one had said that. Just count to ten.

"Well, fuck them, what do they know?" Louis says, raising his voice a bit. Next thing he knows, he is met with hard chest. The omega stumbles backwards, but Harry quickly catches him. Louis just shakes his hand off without as much as a thank you. Then he looks up since the figure in front of him is pretty tall.

"You know, omegas shouldn't curse." Louis has no idea who this guy is. He smells strongly of cigarettes and pee and the omega hopes, for both his and the guy's sake, that this is not his actual scent. The scrunch of Harry's nose tells him it certainly is.