1

RAEESA

At 7 a.m., my alarm rang, and before I could even turn it off, one of my assistants did. Seriously, I muttered, sick and tired of the prey being right everywhere; it was like I didn't have a private life of mine.

Miss Raeesa, It's time for you to take a shower, so you can join Mr. and Mrs. Aatiq at the dining table, Mamaheera told me. Mamaheera is my servant or foster mother; since she's the one who brought me up, my parents' contribution was only to give birth and then give me out.

Ok, I replied.

Even after being with me for 20 years, this woman's still speaking to me formally. I don't know why; no matter how hard I try to be friendly, it won't happen. At least Maheera isn't like that a little bit, I thought.

I went into the bathroom, took my bath, and brushed my teeth, then dressed up in a dress twice my size. Yes, you heard that right. My parents believe a lady's body should be well covered up.

I reached downstairs, where I met my parents, already sitting just waiting for me. I wish I had a little sister or brother; it feels like we are just acting like family because these breakfasts, lunches, and dinners are just so boring, like nobody says a word to each other; we greet each other and then start eating.

The chair was dragged for me, and I sat down and started eating. My dad was the first to leave, followed by my mom.

I usually used to be the last, even if I was done. Why? Respect.
After I finished eating, another of our servants was waiting for me so I could start with my online classes for the day.

They booked business and finance courses for me online; I'm in my last year already, the final semester, and am planning something big on the day I graduate-a daring dream I've always thought about.

The truth is that I had never wanted to study business and finance; my mind was all about majoring in English and literature, and I love writing.
But I guess that's just a dream, right?
Like a quote, I once read, "Tie me to a dream and see where I'll go; I'll alter the angle of the tide; my wings will grow out and break the shackles holding it tight; this charade I'm living will turn into a wave of felicity.
Tie me to a dream and see where I'll go.".

But I write; I just finished writing my fourth book secretly, and I use the books meant for my studies to write. I should try to be disobedient, even for once, I thought to myself.

After classes, I went to eat my lunch as usual, then went to my garden, specifically made for me. One thing that I'm always thankful to my parents for is the garden; if not, I don't know if there's a place left for me to breathe on this earth.
I continued to think about my life till night came, then closed my eyes, wishing tomorrow would bring a new beginning, and that's my sole dream every night.

Miss Raeesa I'll turn off the light now, said Mamaheera.
Ahhh! I shouted and put the pillow on my head.

Miss Raeesa, that's not how to sleep. I heard Mamaheera letting out, but tired of the so-called mannerism, I just pretended that I didn't hear her and shut her down.

HAYAT

Oh God! I'm going to be late for the office, I whispered to myself. I just came back yesterday, very late, from one of my many journeys.

I had my breakfast quickly with my parents and little brother.

Oh, come on, Hayat, you could just rest today; you're the CEO, my dad said (Mr. Munir).

Nope, not happening, Dad. I have responsibilities, and even though I'm the CEO, I made sure that I took care of my work before anything else, setting a perfect example for the workers. I replied, smiling at the end of my sentence while looking at Dad's face.

As far as I'm concerned, I just want you to settle down my boy, stop all this traveling, and give me grandkids, my lovely mom (Mrs. Maryam) said as usual.
Ok Mom I've heard you. I told her, kissed her head, and made for the door to start the day's work.

Chapter One: For you guys, please vote and comment. Love and kisses.💜💜🌷🌸