Chapter 4

Agnetha looked uncomfortable. Please. Benny can't find out. Please. "Um... Maybe Frida wants to frolic around in the puddles," she blurted out. What on Earth were you thinking Agnetha? I'm a 31 year old woman! I DON'T go around "frolicking" in puddles. Deeps breaths. She was just trying to help. And doing a very bad job at it.

"Agnetha. I don't do puddles," I said. I tried to make my voice sound calm. I looked at her.

"Who knows. You're Frida." Her face was serious. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not. Then everyone burst out laughing.

"Did you see that?" I kicked Benny in the shins. That was not funny. They continued on laughing.

I moved my chair over to where Agnetha was sitting. "Seriously. Of all things. You just had to say that."

"You did ask me for help." She giggled "And it was funny." I rolled my eyes.

I guess we made it up to each other then. Just pretended that it never happened. We both knew that it couldn't continue this way though. Couldn't hide our true feelings forever.

I looked over to where Frida was sitting. If Benny finds out about last night then he will certainly tell Bjorn. And what will Bjorn do if he finds out? I had to help Frida. But I didn't know how. "Um... Maybe Frida wants to frolic around in the puddles." She glared at me with that look in her eye. Benny and Bjorn were trying their best to look serious. Why did I do that?

"Agnetha. I don't do puddles." She did not look happy. I shrugged. Tried to look cool. I had hoped she wouldn't get to upset. But she deserved it. Especially after last night.

"Who knows. You're Frida." I winced. That did not sound good. I tried to ignore that look she gave me. Benny and Bjorn started laughing. Her face turned red. Her deserved it. She really did. But did she? She just told me the truth. The truth that destroyed me last night.

She plopped her chair next to mine. "Seriously. Of all things. You just had to say that."

I know. I don't even know why I did. "You did ask me for help. And it was funny." I shouldn't have laughed then but the expression on her face was hilarious.

I had hoped we would just move on. Forget that nothing happened. Continue to being friends. I was wrong. So wrong.