It Started With A Love Letter (22)

A/N
So um... Hi. Long time no see ayy. Ok, I know this chapter is coming literally two years too late and I disappeared without an explanation. But why not? Better late than never. I'm not sure I said that right. I won't be shocked if no one reads this. I'm sure we've all moved on but if you're still here. I love you and thanks for sticking around for Forrest and Riele. There'll hopefully be weekly updates every Friday and we have less than five chapters to go, so see you next week...or not.
Love,
Lily.

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Are we there yet?" Nicole chirped from the backseat, shoving her head in between the two front seats.

"No, you asked that two minutes ago," I told her with a roll of my eyes. Forrest let out a laugh next to me and I sent him a glare in return causing him to shut up.
Nicole folded her arms before leaning back in the seat.

"Chill, I was just asking a simple question. It's not my fault your boyfriend drives slowly." She argued.

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with driving safely." He tried to defend himself and it was my turn to laugh. He turned to glare at me and I didn't bother stopping.
"Besides we're here." He said.

"Finally," Nicole said with an exaggerated sigh before wasting no time exiting the vehicle. I spotted Gabby and Trey in the parking lot leaning against Trey's car and I headed over.

"Where have you guys been? We got here like ten minutes ago." Gabby said and Nicole and I turned to look at Forrest.

"It is not my fault, I don't drive like a maniac." Forrest defended himself. "Come on man, back me up," Forrest said tapping Trey on the shoulder.

"Dude, I can't. You drive slower than my grandma and she's Sixty." Trey replied and I couldn't help the laugh that burst out of me. Forrest looked at Trey with betrayal in his eyes.

"You think you know someone," Forrest muttered before shaking his head and walking forward with his hands in his pocket. I ran to catch up with him and wound my hand through the crook of his elbow.

"Don't be pouty Forrest. I don't mind your grandma driving." I told him with a smile, bumping my hip into his for good measure. I'm rewarded with a bright smile from him and I decided then that I'd do anything to see that smile.

The carnival was in full swing and the minute we stepped into the fair I lost sight of my sister and my friends. Forrest and I had just gotten off the roller coaster and Forrest looked like he was about to puke any second now. I led him to a bench and he flopped dramatically on the seat.

"Stop being a big baby," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Me, being a big baby? You're the one that dragged me on that death machine." He replied with as always a flair of drama causing me to roll my eyes once again.

"Ok, I'll get you a bottle of water," I told him with a sigh before setting out to look for a concession stand. I found one within minutes and I quickly get a bottle of water. I stretch out a hand to pay for it but I'm stopped by a voice.

"Don't worry, I'll pay for her." I turned to find a guy about my age, flashing a handsome smile in my direction and I instinctively return it.

"Hi." He said and heat blossomed on my cheeks. "What is a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" His voice was coated in confidence, a charming gleam in his eyes and it somehow caused my smile to widen.

"Who says I'm alone?" I shot back.

"Fair." He said with a laugh. "What's your name?" He asked and I'm about to answer when a hand on my waist stops me.

"It's Riele. Beautiful name I know, that's why she's my girlfriend." Forrest suddenly appeared by my side with a beaming smile on his lips.

"Here's your water." I handed over the bottle to him and he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Thanks, babe." He said enthusiastically and I'm taken aback by his behavior.

Babe?

"Riele, what a lovely name." The stranger said.

"Exactly what I said," Forrest said with a fake smile attached to his lips before I can thank him. The guy clearly became uncomfortable as he shuffled on his feet. He gestured behind him with an uneasy smile.

"So, I'll just get going. It was nice meeting you Riele."

"And you too uhh..."

"It's Sam."

"Sam," I repeated with a little laugh. "Thanks for the water too."

"It was no problem." With a nod, Sam walked away.

"Wait, he bought the water?" Forrest complained with a frown and I detached myself from him.

"Was that all really necessary?" I questioned him.

"What?" I gave him a deadpan look in reply.

"Forrest, be serious. Were you really jealous of him?" Forrest blinked at me in confusion and I'm tempted to believe he really had no clue what I was talking about.

"Of who? Sam?" The laugh he let out got on my nerves and with a huff of frustration I started to walk away.

"Oh come on Elle. That guy was an ass." He told me as he ran to catch up with me. "Ok, ok I'm sorry for being a jerk." He finally apologized and I stopped in my tracks. I folded my arms with an angry expression still etched on my face. "I'll even let you drag me on that rollercoaster again if you want." He finished and visibly swallowed in fear I assumed. My lips lifted into a smile and I don't hesitate to drag him away as requested.

The night's winding down and I was trying to find my friends and sister so we could leave. Forrest and I sat on the same bench Forrest collapsed on earlier in the day and it's my turn to lean on him. My phone was in hand, Nicole's caller ID flashing on the screen.

"Today was really fun," Forrest muttered next to me. His breath was on my ear and I fought the urge to shiver as he spoke.

"Yeah, like when you almost puked on my shoes," I told him with a laugh. He pulled away to give me a deadpan look but I only pulled him back in place. "I guess seeing you jealous was kind of cute."

"Kind of cute?" He questioned and I nodded. "I don't do cute." He said the word like it had personally offended him.

"So you admit you were jealous?" Forrest didn't bother to deny it.

"Of course I was. He was making you smile and blush..." He trailed off as he pulled me closer into his warmth. "I wanna be the only one to do that." He thought for a moment before adding. "Ok, maybe not the smiling thing." He laughed. " I want to be the only person that makes your cheeks go red."

"You know I blush when I'm uncomfortable?" I replied.

"You know what I mean." He told me with a nudge. I finally spot the rest of our friends heading towards us and I waved my hand to signal them over. Forrest squeezed my other hand that was intertwined with his.

"I love spending time with you Elle." He said before pressing a kiss to my temple. I was glad it was dark because as heat rose to my cheeks I did not want to give him the satisfaction of me blushing.

Please do not forget to click that little star if you enjoyed this chapter.<3