It Started With A Love Letter (3)

Chapter Three

I froze then closed my eyes as I cursed in my head. I turned around and came face to face to a naked Forrest with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Water dripped from his hair that and went down his body disappearing behind the towel. What really caught my eye was the piece of paper held in his right hand.

The love letter.

I swallowed the lump which had formed in my throat and tried to look indifferent.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in fake confusion. He cocked his eyebrows.

"Really?" He asked before clearing his throat.
"Dear Zander," He started. "I still remember the first time we met, you were so handsome and your smile took my breath away." He read off the paper in a fake girly voice.

"Ring a bell?" He asked and when I still kept quiet he continued."Really Elle, Zander Pierce, your best friend?" He asked and took a pause.

"He has a girlfriend." He said.

"You think I don't know that?!" I shouted before taking a deep breath and giving him a smile.

"Look Forrest, why don't we just be mature for once. Just give me back the letter and we can pretend like this never happened." I proposed. He smiled at first before bursting into fits of laughter.

"You think I'd just hand it over to you?" He asked still laughing. "How about no." He said and I groaned.

"Why do you have to make this so hard Forrest? Please be sensible for once in your life." I pleaded and he just stood there like I wasn't even talking to him.

"Screw it." I whispered before lunging for him.

"Elle stop it." He warned and kept the paper away from me as I jumped trying to grab it. I didn't listen and kept trying to reach for the piece of paper causing the worst thing to happen.

The towel dropped.

I shrieked and immediately turned away shielding my poor innocent eyes. After a few minutes, I heard him clear his throat behind me.

"You can turn around now Elle I'm decent." He said and I turned satisfied to see him in T-shirt and sweatpants. My eyes widened when I didn't see the letter in his hands.

"Where is the letter?" I asked looking around.

"I've hidden it." He said, I took a deep breath and ran a hand through my hair.

"What do you want Forrest?" I asked and he smiled.

"Glad to see we are finally on the same page." He said with a smile and I just stared at him.

"I need your help." He started and I looked at him in shock.

"You need my help?" I asked looking at him weirdly causing him to roll his eyes.

"Believe me or not, I do and you are the only one that can help me."

"What do you want me to do?" I asked trying to get this over and done with.