Mom Talks, Because She Ships Them (Chapter 10)

Start from the beginning

"Now you- you'll be cold Lance,"

Lance shook his head, waving him off. "Nah, I don't get cold like that. You though- you looked like someone trapped you in a fucking icebox." He laughed, tapping Keith's reddened nose.

This interaction caught the attention of everyone at the table, Keith's father silently choking on his soda, Luis and Marco staring at Lance wide-eyed like he's lost his mind, Shiro had a dumbfounded expression, and Krolia...she was having a slight nose bleed.

Before anyone could comment on it, their waiter came back, placing down more appetizers and giving re-fills.

Lance looked over to his left, the salty sea air filling his lungs while he gazed over at the water. Everyone had started a conversation, leaving him to just stare, think, relax, and breathe. It was- calming.

Then the melody began to play, bits and pieces of words slowly forming in his head. Subconsciously he started humming the said tune, it's comforting properties soothing him even more in a sense.

Unfortunately, Keith was too preoccupied with chatting it up with Marco and Luis to notice Lance's humming.

But, Krolia did.

See- now this could pass off to her as just mindless humming, but it didn't in her case, seeing as though it was the same tune Keith constantly hummed for most of the car ride when he wasn't talking to the Cuban boy.

This confirmed her suspicions to a tee. Now the plan can commence.

--------------------------

They were currently on their way to Santa Cruz, seeing as though it was roughly about two hours away from San Fransisco. The plan was they crash at a hotel for the night, go to the beach in the morning, then head out L.A sometime around mid-day.

Marco, Luis, and Shiro were all asleep, even in unconsciousness they managed to keep a distance from one another. Krolia was too busy typing ideas on her phone on how to set the two boys up to sleep. And Lance had fallen asleep on Keith's shoulder, the ink-haired boy absentmindedly running his fingers through Lance's hair.

He was scrolling through his phone, trying to find Lance on any social media platform. Sure, they've gone to the same school since Kindergarten, but they never talked to each other until now.

Finally, he had some luck with Instagram. It was normal posts, friends, a few pictures of family members, some videos he took of Pidge and Allura singing the entire Frozen soundtrack, him throwing a football a Hunk's head.

Normal things.

He was totally Insta stalking Lance. Then he made the rookie mistake of liking a selfie he took...from 2017.

So let's just say he was having a massive panic attack from the situation. Going over different scenarios as to why and how he liked a photo from three years ago.

"Oh- you're still up Keith?" Krolia observes more than asks.

"Hm- oh yeah, can't- can't sleep." He mumbles, anxiety from the whole 'Photo liking' things rising in his chest.

"I see... you okay?"

As you can all see, Keith was totally 'Okay'.

He just nods, turning off his phone and inwardly groaning in frustration. He shifted his body to the side, so they were laying like they were the first time Lance fell asleep in the car. Sighing, he rubs his temples, 'How the hell am  I gonna un-fuck myself out of this one?'

--------------------------

It was early morning when the pair were woken to the sounds of pounding knocks. 

Keith had gotten a few good hours of sleep, Lance had woken up after an hour of being asleep in their hotel room, sputtering and gasping for air. The raven-haired boy had managed to calm him after a while, coaxing him back to sleep an hour or so later.

Groaning, Keith gets up, flinging the door open to be met with his father's tired face.

"Oh- morning dad." He stutters, not expecting to see his father in a zombie-like state.

"Your mother wants everyone up and at 'em, she wants to be one of the first people at the beach, something about a- a breakfast picnic." He says, taking another sip from the coffee mug in his hand.

What they didn't know is that this was all apart of her plan... to set her son up with her employee's son.

What could go wrong?

Hey guys!!

Sooo,  I guess I can like IDK- tell you guys that Klance will happen soon, not next chapter or anything, but soon. In order for the plot to move the way I intended, it has to happen!

Until we meet again!!!