°8°

Namg-il, 11

Namg-il, 11.43 PM

Things remain still from that moment on- Jungkook never comes to Taehyung's room to pick up a fight, the air between them being something like awkward but domestic at the same time.

Taehyung makes sure that Jungkook doesn't starve in the evenings and Jungkook leaves a few bucks on the table every morning, slyly saying he 'forgot it there' when Taehyung confronts him about it.

Naya and Jaeill being in daycare more than half of the day brings a huge opportunity for Taehyung to study more - which he does, of course, but at the same time, he maybe gets just a bit too comfortable with the time on his hands and pushes the studies to the side to read a romantic novel.

He knows it's not a very bright idea and neither is he very proud of himself but he does it anyway, the thought that he's doing it for his mental health easing his guilt.

Today being one of these days, Taehyung is trapped doing his notes long into the night, being almost midnight, and he could doze off beside the table and wake up next morning with awful back pain, just like countless nights until today.

Just his computer screen illuminating his exhausted face as he reads the online classes aloud, Taehuyng does just that - he leans his head on the table 'just for a few seconds', 'I'll get up when this headache goes away', 'there's no way I'll fall asleep again'.

In the quietness of the empty room, the chill air causing his skin to break into goosebumps (he keeps the heater low so he can study better) but not even that can stop the little snores escaping his mouth as he snoozes. He falls asleep on top of a heavy notebook, hands cutely folded under his chin - and he dreams of quiet mornings, Hoseok smiling at him, and his sister Eunji.

🌺

A rough breaking sound, something falling to the floor and shattering, wakes a drooling Taehyung from his deep slumber as he stirs awake, eyelashes fluttering gracefully.

There is, however, nothing graceful about the way his body snaps up, joints cracking loudly, and starts rubbing the drool off his chin, eyes still droopy and demeanor confused as he stares at his computer blankly for a few puzzled seconds.

I fell asleep, he thinks disappointedly, sighing as he glances at his digital clock.

02. 04 AM, it reads and Taehyung almost starts fisting his hair but then he hears it again - the reason for his awakeness.

Something in the house tumbles down, followed by childish laughter and then complete silence.

Thinking Naya must've woken up (again) being thirsty or something, Taehyung huffs a couple of times before straightening his oversized T-shirt that only covers up half of his body, and leaving the room to check up on her.

He opens the door of his bedroom as quietly as possible, not wanting to disturb them if they're actually still asleep and the noise was just a product of his imagination, but he freezes once he sees that the light in the children's room is on, the doors slightly ajar.