°7°

Namg-il, 06

Namg-il, 06.40 AM

The next morning, the kitchen's fridge is full to the brim - almost bending under the weight of numerous yogurts, cheeses, vegetables, and frozen meals. The window beside the dining table is wide open, a pot of cherry-colored flowers on the shelf - the ones Taehyung is positive he didn't put there.

Surprised and partly annoyed, Taehyung figures Jungkook is long gone, his car keys and sports travel bag not in their place. He is aware of the fact he's a very light sleeper, so how did Jeon manage to do all this without waking him up?

He takes a few steps towards the flower pot by the window, caressing the petals softly with his fingers and humming in wonder.

"Are you always this careless in the mornings?"

Taehyung screeches and nearly jumps at the sudden voice but his shoulders sag once he sees Min Yoongi by the door, the short neighbor smiling into the crack of his open doors.

"What do you mean?"

"You're standing so close to the window in only your boxers," Yoongi explains mid laughter, letting himself in and ignoring Taehyung's sore mood completely, "This neighborhood is calm but I can't guarantee there isn't some creep spying on you from behind bushes."

"I'll make sure to avoid suspicious bushes from now on," Taehyung jokes, poking his nose over Min's shoulder to see what he brought this time.

It's a large bowl of creamy pasta and meatballs, the smell so strong Taehyung is once again reminded he hasn't eaten in almost a day. His stomach growls stubbornly and he tries to mask the sound by coughing.

Yoongi smiles wickedly: "Seems like there's a monster in your stomach, Kim."

"You tell me. I'm so fucking hungry I could eat this all by myself."

Almost lurching his whole body at the dish, Taehyung has to take a few meditating breaths to remind himself he's not the only one in the house and that he has three other mouths to feed.

He almost whines but the pitiful sound is successfully pushed back.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday," Yoongi gives him an apologizing look, lips curled down, "Minie had low blood pressure so I had to take him to the hospital."

Widening his eyes, Taehyung's attention quickly falls on the pale-skinned boy, the other's irises cast downwards, fingers twitching with the bag handle he's trying to tie against the other end.

"O-Oh. Don't worry about it, hyung, really. But is he, uh, okay now?"

Praying he doesn't sound nosy or annoying, Taehyung watches as Yoongi smiles in comfort, shoulders lifting and falling in a faint shrug.

"He's fine," he sighs, a hint of something else in his tone now, "He just tends to overwork himself."

Not really knowing what to say to that, the younger nods wordlessly and puts the bowl into the fridge, between a bottle of baby's milk and a large container of bananas.