Chapter 4 - Liam Payne

at the side is a pic of Louis as wolf :P

Chapter 4 – Liam Payne

“Are you okay?” Louis asked me concerned. I tried to smile towards him but it probably looked more like a grimace, making his worry grow.

“I’m fine, just worried.” I told him as nonchalantly as possible. I assumed my face gave me away because Louis folded his arms in front of his chest and gave me a stern glare.

“Liam James Payne, don’t think you can get away with it,” he attempted to scold me. “I’m your Beta and best friend remember? If something bothers you – which clearly is the case – you need to tell me so I can help you.”

“Now be fare and tell me what’s wrong,” he huffed in a bit of frustration.

I rolled my eyes at him but decided to tell him anyway, “I’m worried about Zayn.” I told him truthfully while I turned around and looked over everyone.

“Why are you worried about him then?” He questioned in confusion. I looked back at him and met his greenish blue eyes.

“I’m just afraid he will kill everyone, he and his family already killed mine. I’m just afraid he’s going to kill you, El and all the others.” I told him truthfully.

His eyes softened, “I get where you’re coming from, but you don’t need to worry about that. We have many well-trained Warriors here and the others know how to defend themselves when necessary. We’ll be fine,” he assured me with a friendly squeeze of my shoulder and a bright smile.

I smiled back, “Thanks Lou.”

He chuckled, “You’re welcome. That’s where friends are for, right?”

“Go to that lake if you wish, it always helps you to clear your mind doesn’t it? I’ll watch over the pack, don’t worry about that.” He offered me with a small smile.

I thought about his offer for a while. It’s not like I didn’t trust Louis, I trusted him with my life, otherwise he wouldn’t be my Beta. It is just that I was not entirely sure about leaving the pack and coming so close to the Silver Moon territory. The lake was between the packs and was like a border of the two territories. But then again, if I saw a wolf from the Silver Moon pack, they couldn’t come to me without me knowing. And there was a weird feeling in my chest that told me to go to the lake… that something was about to happen.

I nodded towards Louis, “I think I will do that, thanks.”

“Anytime,” he chuckled when I shifted in my midnight black wolf and sped towards the lake.

When I got closer towards the lake, I felt strangely happy. I stopped in confusion and tilted my head to the side making my ears flatten against my head in confusion.

I closed my eyes and smelled the air, catching a certain scent that made my insides tingle. It was – without a doubt – another wolf. Not someone from my pack or one of the many wolves I have ever met before. If he or she was I would have known. The smell of this wolf was more like apple and a bit of cinnamon.

Mine! My wolf loudly growled inside my head making me realize that the unfamiliar wolf was our mate.

My eyes widened and my ears perked up. I let hear a sound that pretty much resembled a bark and I ran towards the direction of the smell like crazy. My mate…

Mine! Mine! Mine! My wolf kept chanting, pushing me to go even faster until I was basically flying over the ground, my surroundings nothing more than a blur around me. I slipped to a stop in front of the lake, sensing my mate was pretty close now.