Chapter Ten

Ignore the anime characters in the video.
And last chapter!

~April's POV~

"I can't believe I actually kissed back. Even if it was just a second."

I felt disgusted with myself as I walked out the room. I knocked on Kim's door.

"Please, let me in." I whispered, pressing my head against the door.I had tears in my eyes.

"They didn't help me the first time, why would they now?"

"Please."

I heard a click, signaling the door was unlocked. I get off the door and it opened up a crack. I looked up and saw one of Jack's eyes. His eye was filled with guilt. He's always guilty around me. I frowned. Jack opened the door all the way and grabbed my hand, pulling me in quickly. He shut and locked the door.

"I have to get them out."

Kim stood from her bed and rushed over to me. She hugged me, which was pretty awkward because her head landed on my breast.

"Curse my height."

"I'm sorry. We didn't open the door fast enough." Kim muttered. She pulled away.

"It's ok, now come on. We have to find a way out." I whispered.

"We're on the second floor. We can't jump or we'll break a leg." Jack said.

"Then through the backdoor." I suggested.

"Where's Mark?" Kim asked.

"Cleaning up his blood."

They both gave me crazy looks.

"How do you guys know where Kim lives?" Jack randomly asked.

"Well, Mark was acting as a detective after all. He might have been told where you both live for questioning." I answered.

"He's cleaning up his own blood?" Kim asked, still hooked up by that.

"Yeah...I stabbed him when we were trying to get something to eat in the kitchen." I answered again.

Kim nodded. I looked at them both, but more carefully. Jack was in a black suit and Kim was in a black dress.

"Why are you dressed-" I stopped myself, realizing it was probably one of their friends' funeral. I looked down. "Sorry."

There was an eerie silence between all of us. I coughed awkwardly.

"Um...we have to get out. Meaning we have to get pass Mark." I said, getting back on subject.

"What weapon does he have on himself?" Jack asked.

I shrugged. "He just loves to suprise me. I have no idea what he has." I said, honestly.

It was true, he never said what he had until I screwed up and he theartened me with it. It could've been a knife, a gun, or maybe he had nothing. You could never be sure with Mark.

"We can't stay in here forever. He'll get angry and bust the door. We'll have to deal with him sooner or later." Kim said.

"Yeah, we have to face him. He's weak now, it's the best time." I spoke up.

Jack nodded and so did Kim. "Ok we'll run downstairs and hope we could make it to the door." Kim said.

Jack looked at us like 'are you ready?'

We nodded. Jack unlocked the door, as quietly as possibly. Guilt evaded my body as he opened the door wider and wider. I knew that we came to Kim's house to stop them from telling the police anything about the maze. They were the only lead...if Jack and Kim aren't here to be questioned, Mark won't get caught.

Tears escaped from my eyes. That's why we were there...to shut them up.

I stayed in the room, not wanting to see the rest of this horror story.

I heard footsteps getting farther away. I sat on Kim's floor and curled into a ball. I put my hand on my ear, covering them. I started singing a song my mom sang to me as a baby. It was the only thing that soothed me.

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make my happy-"

I heard screams even when I was covering my ears. I started crying hysterically.

"JACK, PLEASE!" I heard Kim scream. Then I heard Mark's evil laughter. I continued singing, hoping to sink out the screams of terror.

"You make me happy when skies are grey.You'll never know, dear, how much I love you." There were crashing of dish and pots falling to the floor. The sound of glass breaking and fast footsteps raised. Mark's laughter grew as Jack and Kim both screamed. I heard Kim's high pitched scream.

I continued singing through my tears. "Please don't take my sunshine away.I'll always love you and make you happy. If you will only say the same, but if you leave me to love another,you'll regret it all one da..."

"APRI-" The screams ended with Jack's cry for help.

I cried even harder.

He called for me...

"You are my sunshine..."

~No one's POV~

A bet was lost.

They entered the maze, seeking a way out, not knowing they'd loss two.

They met a Broken Girl and befriended her, not knowing she was just any other pun in his twisted game.

They lost one.

They met The Killer, not knowing his twisted game they had enter.

They lost one more.

Two left.

The Broken Girl tricked them.

No one left.

The Broken Girl and The Killer are the survivors in this story.

The End.